“Superb”

Ranked #250 of 3,011 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: USD 22 - USD 80
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Icona del pesce a Firenze, Da Settimo propone una cucina di mare con pescato solo della migliore qualita selezionato e preparato sapientemente dal 1975. Ristorante storico. Ambiente curato, elegante ma non impegnativo. Si consiglia la prenotazione.
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is just round the corner from all four of the hotels we stay at when flying out of the airport early in the morning. A slightly hidden location down a side street. We were there on a Tuesday night and it was packed, mostly with non-tourists (always a good sign, in our experience). I would think a reservation at night is almost always necessary (they are also open for lunch). The good was superb, and an excellent bottle of white wine was only 13 euros. Definitely specialises in seafood, so do not go there for pizza or pasta! We will be going there again for sure.

1  Thank Alasdaircharles

Reviewed 20 September 2017

We really wanted to try this restaurant while in Florence, and as we didn’t book, we were turned away the first night. But I am glad we tried again the following night, because the food is second to none ! We ordered the varied seafood dish to be shared between two, and for a start it was a delight for the eyes as the presentation was excellent. And it tasted even better than it looked, absolutely exquisite ! The grilled vegetable side dish was also very cleverly done and presented, and delicious. Our dessert of crema catalana was no less delightful.
Service was wonderful, and the waiter very kindly spoke to me only in Italian once I asked (I wanted to practice my italian on our last night in Italy). Out of our 10 days in Italy and eating out every lunch and dinner, we definitely left the best till last ! I can’t recommend this restaurant enough, and if ever we go back to Florence, I will be sure to go back.
I would advise booking a table ahead of time though to avoid disappointment.

1  Thank LJordan25
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

We have booked a table for two just 2 hours before dinner time via hotel concierges because the chef could not speak english, doesn't matter the menu is in english available. It is really a wonderful restaurant which is offering very good seafood!! Food and service is according to the price. Come not to late otherwise you will get a table which could be not so brilliant!

We took the grilled fish it was delicious and the desert is sweet.

It is the "firs"t restaurant in this area.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

I have been visiting Firenze for many years and I have been searching for a good alround fish restaurant and I believe I have found the perfect place in Da Settimo.

It's about a ten minute drive from from the centre of Firenze and its about €10 in a taxi.

The restaurant is small but intimate and after you enter the door you have to open the curtains to access the restaurant (i did like this touch).

Its a small concise menu which had all my favourite fish dishes.

As a starter i opted for Prawns with tomato and balsami vinegar and then for my main Spaghetti Alla scoglio and with a lovely bottle of prosecco. Each dish was superb and the fish was Very fresh and the portions were generous. Total came to around €50

My favourite dish is fritto misto which i never ordered on this occasion but other people did and it looked absolutely fantastic. I was so tempted to order that as well but next time I will.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

This place is just amazing, don't be fooled by the suburban neighborhood, this place is a class 1 seafood restaurant with excellent ambience, music, decoration, service and most importantly food! The fritta mista was excellent for an appetizer, and the spaghetti with mixed seafood was heavenly. Thank you Fa Settimo for having such quality and service. A must visit !