“Super Firenze Fish Restaurant ”
Review of Da Settimo

Da Settimo
Ranked #264 of 2,926 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: USD 22 - USD 80
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Icona del pesce a Firenze, Da Settimo propone una cucina di mare con pescato solo della migliore qualita selezionato e preparato sapientemente dal 1975. Ristorante storico. Ambiente curato, elegante ma non impegnativo. Si consiglia la prenotazione.
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

I have been visiting Firenze for many years and I have been searching for a good alround fish restaurant and I believe I have found the perfect place in Da Settimo.

It's about a ten minute drive from from the centre of Firenze and its about €10 in a taxi.

The restaurant is small but intimate and after you enter the door you have to open the curtains to access the restaurant (i did like this touch).

Its a small concise menu which had all my favourite fish dishes.

As a starter i opted for Prawns with tomato and balsami vinegar and then for my main Spaghetti Alla scoglio and with a lovely bottle of prosecco. Each dish was superb and the fish was Very fresh and the portions were generous. Total came to around €50

My favourite dish is fritto misto which i never ordered on this occasion but other people did and it looked absolutely fantastic. I was so tempted to order that as well but next time I will.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

This place is just amazing, don't be fooled by the suburban neighborhood, this place is a class 1 seafood restaurant with excellent ambience, music, decoration, service and most importantly food! The fritta mista was excellent for an appetizer, and the spaghetti with mixed seafood was heavenly. Thank you Fa Settimo for having such quality and service. A must visit !

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

We chanced on this restaurant in the back suburbs of Novoli. Fresh, a bit expensive, good service, a lovely end to our Florence holiday, a bit of a splash out for us. Recommend booking, we were really lucky to get in on a Friday night. We had to eat and run.

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

The little restaurant is cozy , furnished in a kind of "local New York style" , easy to reach location and a welcoming character .
Waiters are young , quick , kind and fast , all coordinated by a very efficient and focused manager.
The menu is selective and sharp , easy to understand and elegant .
The dishes are " oh my god" quality . I had a mixed seafood grilled plate and I m " sorry to admit " ( I come from a renowned sea food area) that was one of the best I ever had . Impressive fresh fish, simply cooked and seasoned with that precious taste you pretend from excellent grilled fish . Opening shellfish heads you could actually smell a marine breeze . Just great .
Great price/quality ratio.
Highly recommended .

2  Thank Orsoleone
Reviewed 28 February 2017

We went there in 4 on Saturday att dinner; the place was pretty busy, but the service has been good and even reasonably fast. Served by young but skilled staff, under the prompt eye of Settimo.
Dishes are not extremely creative,but are really good and genuine. Recommended Antipasto di mare (hot and cold), and spaghetti vongole veraci and bottarga.
As dessert, we recommend "torta ricciolina with orange".
Price aligned with food.
The only defect is that tables are too close each other, space is tight.
Overall good experience, I will be there again.