“Too expensive. Don't ask for beer”

Enoteca Le Barrique
Reserve with
Save up to 40% when you reserve online *
Enoteca Le Barrique is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #604 of 3,068 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: USD 28 - USD 45
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santo Spirito / San Frediano
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

It's too expensive for the value provided. Service too slow, it took us 3 hours to have dinner. Food is not bad, no complains, but they charged us 12€ for one beer...

Date of visit: October 2018
Iacopo G, Proprietario at Enoteca Le Barrique, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear Sir, I am sorry about your very penalizing and offensive score.
I doubt he is the spokesman of his other 11 dinner companions since I have only received compliments from everyone. For this reason I think I do not consider his review as not a bad one.

We know well not worth this score and we know that his review is strongly unfair and punitive intent, just because he thinks he paid too much a beer ??? !!!

As explained extensively, we serve only very high quality beers and therefore more expensive than a bar of 0.33.
You drank a half-liter Italian beer, high fermentation, or craft, produced by a small brewery in Umbria, not a Bud !!!. Your judgment would be ecquo if we had proposed a trivial bar beer to this price.
Also you ate in just under 2 hours and you were a table for 12 people! then you stayed at the table talking for over an hour and no one disturbed you despite having so many customers waiting at a table. That I sent away not to ask you to get up.
Thanks for serving you with courtesy, according to the timing appropriate to a dinner in a restaurant with express dishes and fresh products is this?

Very incorrect of him if you let him say.

Iacopo Gherardi

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

The garden is pleasant but noisy. The service is cordial but the food is undistinguished. All in all, this restaurant does not live up to its pretensions or expense. And they do not even seem to know that Barrique in French is feminine, not masculine. How did they ever acquire a recommendation from Michelin?

Date of visit: July 2018
Iacopo G, Proprietario at Enoteca Le Barrique, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Dear Non-Customer,
I will call it that because not having written any reference to his experience and having fiercely criticized the place on everything, I think its not a real review.
Anyway I don't understand how it can say that our garden is noisy. It is placed inside and well away from the streets, not facing any other room that can create noise???
The food you didn't like I'm sorry, but it doesn't say what he ate???
Last pearl the criticism on the name of the restaurant. Get comfortable. I explain: In Italian the plural of foreign words is expressed by the Pural article. The Barrique in Italian is exact, the name is Italian and not French, because we are proudly Italians!
We're on Michelin for merits if you do a reason.
Greetings.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We came across here by chance as we are staying a stones throw away.

Lovely romantic garden where you can sit. We shared a bottle of Tuscan red and the meat and cheese platter, which was lovely.

Two things: make sure you wear mozzie spray as I was absolutely eaten alive!

Also there was some cork in my glass and all that happened was they changed my glass - no apology, nothing.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 27 June 2018

When we saw the restaurant from the street we thought we was going to sit inside a cozy little room. Instead, the waiter showed us to a beautiful and romantic garden under the stars. This was a very pleasant surprise. The food was delicious and prizes ok. A very nice and romantic place to have dinner.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Brilliant find. Great food and wine in a lovely setting well away from the tourist trap area. We eat in the covered courtyard at the back, a wonderful evening.

Highly recommended