“Delicious, fresh pasta”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Description: From 1st March 1953. We are open only for lunch, we haven't the freezer, we don't make reservation. No credit card and bancomat. ATTENZIONE SIAMO APERTI SOLO A PRANZO DAL LUNEDI AL SABATO COMPRESI E CHIUSI LA DOMENICA E TUTTI I GIORNI FESTIVI OLTRE AL MESE DI AGOSTO PER FERIE. NO BRUNCH NO COLAZIONI NO CONSEGNA NO CENA NO DOPO MEZZANOTTE.
Arlington, Virginia
“Delicious, fresh pasta”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

My friend and I went were in Florence and this restaurant was recommend to us. We took some time to find this gem but it was worth it! The pasta is so fresh and delicious. The steaks were definitely a popular menu item. Get there early to beat the local lunch crowd. The inside is small and be prepared to share your table with other diners, which just adds to the vibrant and bustling atmosphere. I just referred some friends to this restaurant for their upcoming trip. Will definitely be back here whenever I go back to Firenze.

Visited May 2012

• Turkish first
Ingleby Barwick UK
“Authentic Itaian Experience”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

This is not a restaurant for a romantic lunch but an experience in Tuscan hopsitality. Get there early as it is full immediately with a mixture of locals, workmen and a variety of tourists who you will share a table with as every seat is at a premium here.

The menu is on the wall in Italian and the staff make an effort to try and explain the dishes to you, but this is an experience of culture and getting to know your neighbour.

The food is delicious and so rustic....the wine good and all for a very reasonable price.....I shall be returning as marios is where the Florentines eat...just make sure you avoid Mario's meat cleaver as he chops your steak!

• Visited September 2012
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Great food, nice ambiance!”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We stayed in line for 20min then joined two persone at their table which was great experience. I enjoyed the food really much. Sides were simple and much lower than the quality of the food.
We tried beef stew and ravioli and both were great.

• Visited September 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“I was expecting more”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

When I read all the excellent reviews this restaurant had on tripadvisor, I decided to go ahead and try it. This little hole in the wall only opens for lunch and is so famous it can take up to 2 hours to get in! I dont know if it was for the waiting and me starving or what. But I didn't love it. It was not bad, but it wasn't great. I had the pasta and someone else was having beef ... that looked really good. I regret not ordering that. Anyway, they change the menu everyday so probably I had bad luck that day.

• Visited December 2011
Santarem, Portugal
“One of my greatest food experiences”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

The bad things first: getting a table can be complicate and takes time.
Relax, sit down in the sidewalk and wait for your turn.
Choose a dish of each kind (there are not so many choice) and enjoy the real and great taste of food.
Congrats. Great restaurant.