“Best Bistec Florentine in the whole city”

Osteria del Cinghiale Bianco
Ranked #146 of 2,821 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: USD 0 - USD 34
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pitti
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Our cab driver gave us this juicy tip - and this restaurant was everything he promised: authentic, crowded but cozy, friendly, tons of GREAT food.
From the greeting at the door, to the last handshake goodnight, we had an indescribable feeling that we had been here before.
Sitting next to a German family, we ordered the 22 oz specialty with beer and bottled water. The photos are silly and show us pretending to be full - but it was pure delicious bite after bite until it was done. We even had room for their homemade panna cotta.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I read the reviews before eating here but, given my experience, can't for the life of me see why anyone would rave about this place. After spending 6 days in Florence and having enjoyed a number of restaurants there is no way Cinghiale Bianco is the best of anything. In fact, it was without a doubt the worst meal we had the entire time in this amazing city. You can easily find many establishments providing a better dinning experience within a short walk of this tourist trap. Really. You can and should walk away.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We loved this place so much we returned twice in three days. The food is great, service friendly and quick, and the energy really enjoyable. Authentic Tuscan cuisine, great wine, nice people. This is our new favourite in Florence.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

We went to Osteria del Cinghiale Bianco on a suggestion from a friend and sure glad we did. The food was divine and even though I was full I just could not stop eating it was that good. This is a small restaurant so I would highly recommend you make a reservation. Also it is a little hot so dress in layers so you can stay comfortable. We ordered a Primi and Secondi and dessert so we did our tour of the menu and the pasta was traditional to the region as was the boar and chicken. We were fortunate to sit next to 2 very delightful couples so we basically ended up with a dinner party of strangers and could not have been happier about it. The staff did not rush and continued to make sure you were happy with your experience. HIGHLY RECCOMMEND!

Reviewed 6 October 2017

My partner and I happened upon this establishment at the end of a long day of trekking through some of the magnificent sights of Firenze. We arrived just as they were opening and although we had no reservation they very kindly found us a table.

The first night we enjoyed an appetizer of Caprese Salad which was delightful, and although I don't recall what the dish was called on the menu, I ordered what could be considered a Carnivores meal - 3 different kinds of meat and some potatoes, and it was outstanding.

We were in the same neck of the woods the following day and again arrived just as they were opening, and again with no reservation they found a table for us. My partner and I chose to share the Florentine Steak, a monstrous piece of mouth watering meat that was superb - and very filling. We ordered some veggies on the side and accompanied the meal with some wine.

At the end of our meal, the owner, who had recognized us from the previous day, came over and asked if we liked Limoncello, and when we said yes he kindly provided us with a glass to finish our meal.

Superb food, warm hospitality and great service make this an excellent choice. Should we find ourselves back in Firenze one day we will definitely return.