“Perfect last meal for the trip”

Osteria del Cinghiale Bianco
Ranked #142 of 2,876 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: USD 0 - USD 34
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pitti
Reviewed 10 October 2017

We went to Osteria del Cinghiale Bianco on a suggestion from a friend and sure glad we did. The food was divine and even though I was full I just could not stop eating it was that good. This is a small restaurant so I would highly recommend you make a reservation. Also it is a little hot so dress in layers so you can stay comfortable. We ordered a Primi and Secondi and dessert so we did our tour of the menu and the pasta was traditional to the region as was the boar and chicken. We were fortunate to sit next to 2 very delightful couples so we basically ended up with a dinner party of strangers and could not have been happier about it. The staff did not rush and continued to make sure you were happy with your experience. HIGHLY RECCOMMEND!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,597)

Reviewed 6 October 2017

My partner and I happened upon this establishment at the end of a long day of trekking through some of the magnificent sights of Firenze. We arrived just as they were opening and although we had no reservation they very kindly found us a table.

The first night we enjoyed an appetizer of Caprese Salad which was delightful, and although I don't recall what the dish was called on the menu, I ordered what could be considered a Carnivores meal - 3 different kinds of meat and some potatoes, and it was outstanding.

We were in the same neck of the woods the following day and again arrived just as they were opening, and again with no reservation they found a table for us. My partner and I chose to share the Florentine Steak, a monstrous piece of mouth watering meat that was superb - and very filling. We ordered some veggies on the side and accompanied the meal with some wine.

At the end of our meal, the owner, who had recognized us from the previous day, came over and asked if we liked Limoncello, and when we said yes he kindly provided us with a glass to finish our meal.

Superb food, warm hospitality and great service make this an excellent choice. Should we find ourselves back in Firenze one day we will definitely return.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

My husband and I went to Chingale Bianco off of a recommendation from a friend and it couldn't have been better. The restaurant itself is pretty well packed with tables close together. Luckily, we are both pretty social and ended up talking to the folks next to us. The food was amazing. We had some of the best pasta with pesto of our lives. Then, I had a beef tenderloin with grated cheese and truffles and my husband had the wild boar with polenta. We finished off with the Vin Santo and biscotti. Make a reservation as the place never had a table empty-and for good reason!

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Great food! Great customer service! We enjoyed the wide noodles with boar sauce to start. I had sirloin sliced with arugula and fresh parmigiana sliced on top. My wife had the peppery stew. We finished the meal off with tiramisu. A wonderful meal!

Reviewed 4 October 2017

This lovely place was recommended by a couple we met on our trip and we weren't disappointed. Booking is definitely advisable as its quite small. It felt very authentic and the florentine steak was beautifully seasoned and melt in the mouth. Delicious! All the wines were very reasonable value, and if I were to visit Florence again, I'd definitely go back. It's a couple of minutes walk from the Ponte Vecchio on a side street so without the recommendation we wouldn't have found it.