This was my first visit to Florence, and I was unfamiliar with the city and neighborhoods. I'm so glad we chose this apartment which is in a lovely section of the city, just across the Ponte Vecchio and right by the Pitti Palace. The location is perfect. There are fewer tourists, but you're so close to the city center.
We were so pleasantly surprised when we walked into this apartment. The photos don't do it justice. It's in a 15th century building (there's a flight of stairs up to the apartment, FYI). Dominique is the quintessential host - he was in touch before our trip, was charming and friendly, and thought of everything. There was a lovely welcome basket with some wine and food for us, and he walked us through all the details of the flat.
The decor is chic and comfortable. It's fully equipped and very spacious. I had the loft, and my friend had the bedroom on the main floor. The apartment is great for a family with 2 kids or 2 couples. There are two bathroom sinks - one just outside (where the washer is) and one in the bathroom, which makes getting ready in the morning easy (shampoo is provided, FYI).
From the apartment, you're just around the corner from Gustapizza, a terrific pizzeria (which he walked us to upon arrival so we could enjoy a delicious lunch), and there's a grocery about 5 minutes away where you can get everything to stock the fridge - including wine. (Dominique gave us directions). He also arranged a dinner for us at a delicious Osteria where we had authentic Florentine steak - delicious!
In short, I would go back to Florence - and to this apartment - in a heartbeat. Dominique is a delightful host - one of the best!
I have never known anyone as willing and helpful as Dominique. Our friends and we were overwhelmed by his kindness and generosity. Oh, and by the way, the apartment is wonderfully convenient by foot to anywhere in central Florence; it was clean, comfortable, charmingly decorated--all you could want for a delightful stay. We all voted to go back again to the Pitti Loft. Thank you, Dominque (and Sondra)!
Perfect for our family - my wife and I and two teen daughters. It was our favorite place of our European vacation. Not only because the apartment was enjoyable to stay in, but our host, Dominique was pleasure to meet and talk with. His joy for Firenze and for people was contagious. So welcoming, responsive, and helpful. He makes sure that you're very satisfied.
The apartment is charming, well-appointed, spacious, and quiet. My daughters wanted the loft, while my wife and I stayed in the bedroom on the main floor. Everyone slept very comfortably. The air conditioning was well appreciated as it is quite hot outside in July. We loved being able to come back to a cool space after touring, to make dinner and rest in a serene, pleasant apartment. We made good use of the washing machine and the wifi.
Since this was our first time in Florence, I wasn't sure if staying on the south side of the river was too far. It's actually the perfect location. Whenever you go outside, you're treated to seeing the beautiful Pitti Palace. And all of Florence is walk-able (though, from the train station, you will want to take a taxi to the apartment to carry your luggage.)
- Ponte Vecchio is 5 minutes away.
- Palazzo Vecchio and Uffizi Gallery are a 10-15 minute walk.
- The Duomo in Florence is about 20 minute walk.
- The grocery store, bakeries, cafes, and some great leather shops are all within 2 or 3 streets, as well as some ATMs.
During our stay, I had some questions which Dominique quickly answered via WhatsApp, which everyone uses in Europe. He helped us make reservations at a fine but casual restaurant, where we ate delicious pastas and Bistecca Fiorentina (Florentine Steak), a must-have when in Florence.
When we checked out, Dominique offered to serve as our taxi back to the train station. It was such a treat to swap stories with him about Florence and our trip.
When we get back to Firenze, we will be staying here again. Thank you for being such a wonderful host, Dominique!
· Our stay at Florence Pitti Loft was everything and more than we had hoped! It was perfectly appointed with charm, class, and all the conveniences we needed for our three night stay in Florence! The owner anticipated all the details that weary and excited travelers need. He responded to all of our questions immediately, greeted us in person upon our arrival, and was genuinely interested in our comfort and experience in Florence! The location could not have been better, as it is on a most charming street within walking distance of everything we wanted to do. We felt perfectly safe coming and going even late at night. As much as we enjoyed his property, we also enjoyed getting to know the owners. They were truly gracious hosts for our first time to Florence! The owners and their property made our stay in Florence a highlight of our trip to Italy!
The apartment, location and host were awesome! We loved being in the Oltrarno because it felt authentic and "local" but was just a short walk to the Ponte Vecchio and heart of tourist activities. We will definitely stay here again. Perfect for our family of 4 or for 2 couples.