I have never known anyone as willing and helpful as Dominique. Our friends and we were overwhelmed by his kindness and generosity. Oh, and by the way, the apartment is wonderfully convenient by foot to anywhere in central Florence; it was clean, comfortable, charmingly decorated--all you could want for a delightful stay. We all voted to go back again to the Pitti Loft. Thank you, Dominque (and Sondra)!
Perfect for our family - my wife and I and two teen daughters. It was our favorite place of our European vacation. Not only because the apartment was enjoyable to stay in, but our host, Dominique was pleasure to meet and talk with. His joy for Firenze and for people was contagious. So welcoming, responsive, and helpful. He makes sure that you're very satisfied.
The apartment is charming, well-appointed, spacious, and quiet. My daughters wanted the loft, while my wife and I stayed in the bedroom on the main floor. Everyone slept very comfortably. The air conditioning was well appreciated as it is quite hot outside in July. We loved being able to come back to a cool space after touring, to make dinner and rest in a serene, pleasant apartment. We made good use of the washing machine and the wifi.
Since this was our first time in Florence, I wasn't sure if staying on the south side of the river was too far. It's actually the perfect location. Whenever you go outside, you're treated to seeing the beautiful Pitti Palace. And all of Florence is walk-able (though, from the train station, you will want to take a taxi to the apartment to carry your luggage.)
- Ponte Vecchio is 5 minutes away.
- Palazzo Vecchio and Uffizi Gallery are a 10-15 minute walk.
- The Duomo in Florence is about 20 minute walk.
- The grocery store, bakeries, cafes, and some great leather shops are all within 2 or 3 streets, as well as some ATMs.
During our stay, I had some questions which Dominique quickly answered via WhatsApp, which everyone uses in Europe. He helped us make reservations at a fine but casual restaurant, where we ate delicious pastas and Bistecca Fiorentina (Florentine Steak), a must-have when in Florence.
When we checked out, Dominique offered to serve as our taxi back to the train station. It was such a treat to swap stories with him about Florence and our trip.
When we get back to Firenze, we will be staying here again. Thank you for being such a wonderful host, Dominique!
· Our stay at Florence Pitti Loft was everything and more than we had hoped! It was perfectly appointed with charm, class, and all the conveniences we needed for our three night stay in Florence! The owner anticipated all the details that weary and excited travelers need. He responded to all of our questions immediately, greeted us in person upon our arrival, and was genuinely interested in our comfort and experience in Florence! The location could not have been better, as it is on a most charming street within walking distance of everything we wanted to do. We felt perfectly safe coming and going even late at night. As much as we enjoyed his property, we also enjoyed getting to know the owners. They were truly gracious hosts for our first time to Florence! The owners and their property made our stay in Florence a highlight of our trip to Italy!
The apartment, location and host were awesome! We loved being in the Oltrarno because it felt authentic and "local" but was just a short walk to the Ponte Vecchio and heart of tourist activities. We will definitely stay here again. Perfect for our family of 4 or for 2 couples.
The apartment was very comfortable and clean, with everything we needed. It was nice to have extras like washing machine, welcome pack and smart TV. Its very close to all the main tourist attractions however the apartment itself was very quiet as it looked on to an inner courtyard. Dominique the owner is very helpful and accommodating. We will hopefully return In the future and would definitely recommend this as a great place to stay in Florence.