Granduomo Charming Accomodation
USD 731*
USD 682*
USD 1,303*
  • Room Service
All reviewsevery morningleather shopbalcony overlooking the duomosmall kitchenperfect locationcroissantsplace to staypiazza del duomoour honeymoontop floortrain stationfirst floorroom facingsmall hotelstayed here for nightsbed was very comfortablebeautiful city
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Bang in the middle of central Florence, the location of this boutique hotel is improbably good and reason enough for you to stay here: The Duomo is right next to it. Train station, Uffizi (Botticelli's Birth of Venus) and Accademia (Michelangelo's David) are all 10 minutes' walk away, with Ponte Vecchio only slightly further.

The top floor suite (and the property in general) we had is equally faultless, which comes with everything that wouldn't look out of place in a Four Seasons number: spacious and effortlessly classy, minus the swimming pool and fitness centre. More importantly, some that you'd never dream to see from FS (at least not at this price): complimentary fresh fruit juice, water and milk in the fridge, croissant and bread delivered to your room every morning, home-baked cake in the communal lounge, to name but a few.

Your host, Mariannella (apologies if spelled incorrectly), and her family who take turn to man the reception will make you feel so welcome, as if you were staying at their home!

If I were to allow myself a small niggle about Granduomo, it would be that Wifi connection should be made available. NB Mariannella advised that this will soon be the case.

As always, below are my suggestions for those of you who appreciate the finer food in life:

Da Mario - Only open for lunch and go there early (from noon). This place reminds me of Katz's Deli in New York, but much smaller in terms of size and menu (blackboard; try the to-die-for herby roast duck). Six words: DON'T LEAVE FLORENCE WITHOUT A VISIT.

Da Tito - A gentle 20 minutes' stroll from the hotel, this place was packed full of diners on the Thursday night we went. Need I say more?

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank EdmondUK
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Our party or 10 stayed in this charming hotel for 3 nights and it was one of the most gorgeous hotels we have stayed in. There were 5 children in our party, ranging in age from 10-16years and we felt very comfortable there. The location is amazing, right in the heart of Florence, the staff were excellent and the facilities were great. We had been to Florence before and this made the experience so much more enjoyable from previous stays. If possible request rooms overlooking the duomo, the views are amazing and we found the noise not to be an issue at all. The rooms are large and clean especially with a family (we took up 4 of the hotels 8 suites!), and hospitality from the owners wonderful, drinks were served in rooftop terrace for guests one evening. Highly, highly recommend

Room Tip: Request rooms overlooking the Duomo
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2011

The Granduomo is a great little hotel with a great location. As soon as you leave the hotel you are in the middle of Florence and able to come and go from all the major points with ease. The hotel itself has a very friendly staff and owners with large, comfortable rooms. Would definitely stay here again and have already recommended this hotel to others.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon. We were greeted from a long flight very warmly and were upgraded to an incredible suite overlooking the side of the Duomo. What an incredible room with the most amazing view! The windows are thick and keep out the noise of the square, but keep the lovely view. They have very comfortable commom areas and a nice breakfast delivered to your door in the morning. My only suggestion would be to offer wireless internet access (instead of just wired), though I know that is hard to do. You will love the location and the service!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CaseyGirl1008
Reviewed 16 October 2011

It's not a dream it's the reality! These are the words, which I have told my girlfriend always, after our wake up in the morning.

I searched several weeks in the internet to find a location in florence to make an romantic engagement to my girlfriend.
After nights of despair I found the Granduomo, which looked like the perfect solution to make an engagement in a verry intimate moment, with a beautiful view on the Grand Duomo in the center of Florence. At the biginning I can't believe that this could be possible, because i knew what normal the hotels with a similar service and located in the center of the city costs. But after we arrived at the hotel, all my considers were gone. This is the best value for money you can get in flocence. Forget the other 4 or 5 star hotels, I've checked them all, but none of these hotels can reach the performance of the Granduomo.

Ms. Marinella showed us the room and the ohther facilities in the hotel. She is the good soul of the house and helped me a lot to prepare everything for my engagement. Thank you for everything Marinella!!
Our room was fantastic, newly established, clean with a litte citchen hidden behind cabinet doors and with a privat balcony which gives you a fantastic view on the Grand Duomo (the pictures on the hotel homepage are real).
The breakfast in the Morning was very relaxed, because we had it in our room or on our balcony. You have some food in the room citchen and each morning you get a little basket with bread and crossant.You also have fresh fruits in the room each day.

Last but not least I have to tell you about the specials.
The Granduomo offers a candle light dinner directly on the balcony. So you only have to choose the meals and the time you want to eat and everything will be prepared when you come back from sight seeing.
After we had a realy nice day in florence, I suprised my girlfiriend with the dinner on the balcony. It was verry romantic, the view on the Grand Duomo at night, verry good food with wine and candles on the balcony. This was the perfect location I've searched so long to make an engagement to my girlfried, so I asked her and she could say nothing more then say YES! / The fotos from the dinner are real.

We will come back on our honeymoon!
So if you are plan to make an engagement to your girlfriend in florence, go to Granduomo Accomodation and she will say YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple