All reviewsrooftop poolpancake machinemodern hotelreal honeycombfresh honeycentral markettrain stationlocated minscheck in was quickfood markettriple roomrecommend this hotelsan lorenzo marketmercato centralestayed in this hotel for nightsrooms are smallparking garage
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Loved this hotel from the minute we walked through the front door we was made to feel welcome by great reception staff.

The room was fantastic quiet and comfy. WIFI excellent.

The bar was fantastic the service was great - explaining the different wines on the menu to cater for my taste was a nice touch.

The handy device that was provided is a GREAT touch absolutely brilliant great idea.

My only regret is that i wish i would have stayed a few more nights in this hotel.

Well done, Loved it.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Glancehote2016, Direttore at Glance Hotel In Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Mark W,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful review, and indeed for choosing to stay with us!
I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your time with us and that you were able to enjoy the hotel and amenities provided during your stay.
Thank you for the kind words about our staff, they truly do their best and love to take care of all our guest needs.
Your comments should be very helpful for future travelers, and we couldn't be more pleased to hear that we played a part in your holiday!
I sincerely hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Glance Hotel again the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I stayed here for 4 nights in March 2018. The rooms are small, but interesting. Cleanliness was an issue - floors not swept and toilets marginally cleaned. One of the women in our group came back to find the maid holding her purse. Management seemed indifferent to this and another issue we experienced. Great location, but I think there are better hotels for the price the Glance charges. Breakfast was good, with a wide variety of foods.

Room Tip: Away from the street.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear sissy1232017,
thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our Glance Hotel.
Sorry to read that you were disappointed with the cleanliness of your room during your stay: had we been aware of your dissatisfaction at the time, it would have been our pleasure to solve the issue immediately.
We are pleased to offer a free Turndown Service to all our Guests, each day from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., and I am truly sorry to know that this service, which is usually offered in 5 stars Hotel, was not appreciated and fully understood as the high level service we are proud to provide to our Kind Guests.
I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed the variety of our Active&Fresh Buffet Breakfast, and I really wish to thank you for sharing your opinion, as our Guests comments are precious for us in order to improve and get better day by day.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you for a future stay.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Hmmm? Great location in the heart of Florence. It’s our honeymoon and we specified that. We got an excellent room upgrade. Modern hotel. We are still here, but after the horrible housekeeping service, be warned. If you come here, and I recommend it, stay on housekeeping service everyday. They make the beds, and that’s it. They don’t replace toiletries, don’t replace dirty sheets, glasses, coffee cups, etc. We marked the sheets and cups with a dot of makeup. We think they just rinse in sink and leave as they are replaced with clean items. The breakfast is below average, so if you’re looking for an excellent breakfast, avoid! Other than being modern and clean outside the room, thumbs down for Americanos’, as the Italians call us ;)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Glancehote2016, Direttore at Glance Hotel In Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Mr. Ronald,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at the Glance Hotel.
I truly regret to read that your experience did not meet your expectations.
On the other hand, let me to clarify some important information you forgot to report here.
As soon as you informed us regarding the problem, late in the afternoon, our turndown service (available every day from 6 pm to 10 pm free of charge) immediately cleaned your room and replaced all missing items.
Also, I hope you appreciated the florentine hand made biscuits and the bottle of wine I personally provided the day after as token of my apology for the inconvenience we caused to you.
Rest assure that we accept both positive and constructive feedbacks as they helps us to improve and get better every day.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

The Glance hotel was perfect for our 2 night stay. It is less than a 10 minute walk to the train station, which for us was ideal as we came in from Rome and took a day trip to Venice. It is also a block away from where the market starts and was easy to walk through and get to the Duomo and other places.

Check in was easy and the reception showed us some key places nearby. Rooms were clean and a decent size although the bathroom seemed a bit cramped. Breakfast was decent with the standard fare at most hotels. Was nice to grab a bite before we headed out for the day.

They have a great rooftop area with a pool that I’m sure would be spectacular during the warmer month to just relax with a bottle of wine. It was too cold for us to enjoy this but perhaps next time.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear dnp100,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Glance Hotel recently, and also for taking the time to write your review.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in Florence, and that you were pleased with the ambience of the hotel, as well as our Active&Fresh Buffet Breakfast and services, and it's great that you found our location to be suitable and approachable to visit every corner of the city.
Our pool on the Rooftop is open from May to mid-October, as well as our SkyBreeze Bar; during the cold months our Bar is open on the first floor, to enjoy a drink and Aperitivo.
I sincerely hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our Glance Hotel again in the near future!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We had a wonderful stay at hotel glance! Everyone we met was extremely helpful and professional, and the room was very nice and clean! It was quiet and we did not have any noise issues. Breakfast was delicious as well. Location is great, easy walk to Duomo and train station. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Glancehote2016, Direttore at Glance Hotel In Florence, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Dear Laura,

thank you very much for taking the time to write these nice words about your recent experience and for choosing Glance Hotel!
I am very delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy the hotel and the amenities provided during your stay.
Should you ever look to return, please feel more than welcomed to contact us directly, as it would be a pleasure to have you as our guest again.

Kind Regards,