“The Best Steak Ever”

Ristorante Le Fonticine
Reserve with
Ristorante Le Fonticine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #174 of 2,978 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Sought this place out for Bisteca Fiorentina following family recommendation from a previous holiday. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and the starters delicious, but the absolute highlight - the Bisteca Fiorentina was unreal! I’m not sure I’ll be able to eat steak again anywhere else as it will be a struggle to even compare to this meal. I can only recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,345)

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This was hands down our favorite restaurant in Florence. The people there are are wonderful and the food delicious. Love the atmosphere too - don’t let the view from the street fool you.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Last year, we took a trip to Venice and Florence, both of which were firsts for me. I fell in love with Florence and we fell in love with Ristorante Le Fonticine! Florence is an amazing city with some of the best Italian food I've had outside my mother, aunt and grandmother's kitchens.
We always ask our hotel concierge where they, as locals, like to dine. Everyplace they sent us in Florence was perfect, but Le Fonticine was perfection. We tried it on our second to last night in Florence and returned on our final night.
The restaurant has a warm and inviting ambience. It is filled with mementos, is dimly lit and the waiters have worked there all their lives. You feel at home and invited to be their guest for the evening.
As you walk from the entrance into the main dining room, you pass the open kitchen Firenze beef is being cut, seasoned and grilled to perfection. If you love the smell of herbs and meat, then you will feel as though you died and went to heaven. We raised Angus cattle when I was growing up, so I love quality meat.
As you pass the kitchen, you are greeted by gorgeous and delectable desserts in a glass case of emotion. You want to whisper, "I'll be back."
The wait staff work effortlessly to care for you and make wonderful suggestions that become the highlight of the night. We ordered the carpaccio, caprese, eggplant parmesan, wild board pappardelle and the asparagus and prosciuitto tagliatelle! We literally stopped talking. The food was so AMAZING, that we were speechless. They serve the freshest ingredients in the most simply elevated manner and it will render you speechless.
We still tell people about Le Fonticine to this day and we have discussed going back just to dine there in the future. It is quite simply that good.

2  Thank Charlene M
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We came here due to the number of positive reviews. Starters Risotto and Pasta (Ragu) were very good. For main I ordered the Fillet Steak and was asked how I would like this cooked - I said ‘well done’ which was clearly understood.

On eating the steak, this was actually cooked medium-rare at best - very pink! I sent this back to be cooked some more however no apology or indication that this had not been cooked to how I requested.

Also, different tables seemed to receive different levels of service which was disappointing.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Great service and best pasta I've ever had!!!
My daughter's homemade french fries were of the best we've had. My husband's 1/2 a chicken with potatoes was good (though not as nice. Probably not their speciality), and their mascarpone was to die for.
Their child-friendly service was superb (the first waiter who knew she would probably not want her water cold; first time I didn't have to ask for her food to arrive before ours, as he suggested it before I had thr chance, and since she didn't really fancy a high chair, he brought her special supporting cushions instead- his idea- which made her very happy).
Can't wait to go back!