Tintori, a lovely B&B, great location.
We had a nice and easy walk to it from the trainstation and a lovely welcoming from Alfredo. The B&B has an authentic feel to it, the décor great and the room clean and comfortable – the Yellow room. Location is spot on, we found a very nice bar/restaurant not too far away (a left out of the door, at the end of the road take the road on the left in front and it’s down there on the right somewhere (!)).
Breakfast good with some variety - the breakfast area is directly outside a couple of the rooms, which means that if getting up early you may need to be a little hush hush!
Alfredo and his family were very kind and welcoming, La Casa dei Tintori we’d definitely recommend ...
Many Thanks Alfredo to you and your family,
Rav & Raj
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for clean, warm, friendly hospitality and personal service the Casa dei Tintori B&B in Florence, Italy is your answer.Casa dei Tintori is a careful and accurate restoration of a 13th Century building in the historic center of the city.While retaining its Medieval charm, the Bed and Breakfast is equipped with all the modern amenities, including air-conditioning, heating, private bathrooms with showers, TVs and a free fast Internet computer that enables guests to keep in touch with family and friends back home.Each of the five private guest rooms is decorated in period furniture and fabrics in patterns and colors derived from the Florentine tradition of Medieval textile dyers.Casa dei Tintori is located in a quiet, residential and very safe neighborhood with a variety of charming shops, good restaurants, and “ gelato “ stores that make life worth living.This central B&B in Florence is only a short walk from famous landmarks like the Uffizi Museum, the Pitti Palace and Boboli Gardens, the Ponte Vecchio which spans the Arno river, Santa Croce, Piazza della Signoria, the Duomo and many more.If that's not enough, there are famous statues, monuments and art galleries everywhere you look.There are, of course, high fashion stores, artisan and leather shops, open air markets and more restaurants than one can count.The Medieval building has an interesting history. Eight centuries ago it was a dyers' house, a large wool weaving and textile dying workshop. In fact thedistrict originally teemed with similar craft workshops under the aegis of "Arte dei Tintori" (Art of the Dyers).With the friendly help of your hosts, Alfredo and Valeria, the B&B Casa dei Tintori in Florence, Italy can truly be your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Studio Scivoletto S.r.l. so you can book your B&B La Casa dei Tintori reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b&b La Casa Dei Tintori Hotel Florence
- Bed And Breakfast La Casa Dei Tintori