“A delightful Tuscan Retreat”
piscina e tappeto elastico
piscina e solarium
master room
camera matrimoniale
cucina super attrezzata
salone con caminetto e televisore
salone e cucina
esterno casa
cortona e i girasoli
lavanda e oleandri fioriti
la piscina e la villa
casa e chiesetta dalla piscina
panorama da sopra la villa
barbeque argentino
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
rosie5065
Charleroi, Pennsylvania
“A delightful Tuscan Retreat”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

I traveled with a friend and her family for an extended stay in Tuscany. The villa was rented by my friends aunt. It was spacious, clean and well equipped. We actually rented side by side houses. Each side had 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms as well as kitchen facilities. The location was accessible though down a narrow gravel road that might intimidate some. Be careful about oncoming traffic as some drive a little fast down that road. Grocery stores are nearby and we had no problem buying food for our stay. The nearest town is Cortona which is a nice afternoon trip. Towns which are easy to visit from this location would include Arezzo, Florence (we took the train there), Siena, Assisi, Perugia, and Orvieto to name a few. The beds were comfortable to me. We had as many as 11 people in the two houses and had more than enough room. It would be a great place to have an extended family use or perhaps a group of friends. The weather was not warm enough for us to use the pool, but it looked quite nice. This house is out in the country and while you can hike in the hillside, there is no place for an easy stroll into town for example. Two of our highlights in the stay was the incredible dinner cooked for us by Frederico, the owners son. Also, one day Mauro, Rossana, Gabriela and Nevio(sp?) made a pizza dinner to die for. I don't even want to think about what my cholesterol was when I came back. The only negative about the house was an intermittent funky smell in one of the bathrooms. Water pressure in the bathrooms was good and the water hot. Initially the internet was spotty but the owners worked and improved that. There are TVS in all of the bedrooms, but all of it was in Italian (like duh, that is where we were). I wish it had been warm enough for us to enjoy the lovely patio kitchen that they had. I would definitely recommend the place. Can't say enough about how wonderful the owners and their families were to work with.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Mauro and family, frederico's dinner and the pizza dinner
Liked least: funky smell coming from the bathroom.(it was not constant and of course when we told the owners it did not have the smell!! I am sure they would have fixed the problem if they had smelled it. It was the only negative thing about it.
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
catgold
Santa Cruz, California
“One of the best vacations I have ever had”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

I have traveled to many places but this vacation in Tuscany at Le Celle Del Farinaio was one of the best. The villa was wonderful and completely comfortable and the Tarquini family some of the nicest people I have met. The scenery at the Villa is exquisite and the plantings are amazing. At one time we had 11 people staying and everyone was comfortable. Frederico, Mauro's son cooked an amazing birthday dinner and took us to many wonderful places. I recommend the villa without reservations (except the bumpy road up to it).

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: only the bumpy road up to the villa
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Evelyn L
Bronx, New York
“Dream Vacation”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

The Villa was absolutely wonderful and just as it had been described in the Trip Advisor information. The location was somewhat isolated. However the landscaping surrounding the Villa, the interior of the Villa and the quiet was much appreciated by myself and my family and friends who were there with me. I always wanted to stay at a Villa in Tuscany, and this was just the right place. I and my guests also much appreciated the attention and help that the owner and members of his family provided to us.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Brétigny sur orge
Reviewed 17 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Management Response
17 Aug 2013
Didier and Denis
thanks for your comment
you will always be special guests for us
a long hug to all
Mauro
Stockholm
Reviewed 19 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
Management Response
19 Jul 2013
Ivan
it was a pleasure to have your family as guest
Hugs to all
good life
Mauro
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
USD 253
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing