Have just got back from a weeks stay at the San Domenico Palace. A truly delightful place, we went there for rest and relaxation and thats what we got. The situation of the hotel is idyllic and the buildings, which are an old monastary, are beautiful. The staff were helpful and friendly and not too pushy.
If you have problems with mobility then I would suggest that Toarmina is not the place to go as it is very hilly and the hotel is a long way from public transport. One can get a private car from the hotel but taxis have to be taken down in the town.
Breakfast was wonderful with so much to chose from and the views from the terrace are magnificent. Generally in the town the prices are a rip off and in the hotel also, for a meal of simple preparation the prices are ridiculous. WIFI is expensive also.
But inspite of my personal gripes I loved the place and would definitely go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A LUXURY 5-STAR HOTEL ON THE EAST COAST OF SICILY The San Domenico Palace Hotel sits in a truly magnificent setting that has attracted people from ancient times. A luxury 5-star hotel in an ancient Dominican monastery, it has views over Mount Etna and Taormina Bay on the east coast of Sicily not far from Messina. Countless famous writers, artists and composers, came here to savour this unique spot at the very tip of Italy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with lastminute.com.au, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your San Domenico Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo San Domenico Taormina
- Palazzo San Domenico Hotel Taormina
- San Domenico Palace Hotel Taormina, Sicily