“Great Montalbano tour”
Review of Sicily Life Tours

Sicily Life Tours
Ranked #5 of 40 Tours in Taormina
More attraction details
Owner description: Sicily Life is the product of two young friends "Siciliani" natives: Sebastiano & Alessandro.We like to provide our local experiences to all who like to experience the secrets of Sicily.Our goal is to help people coming to Sicily feel like they are home and not tourists!We both have experience in hotel management and hospitality services; You will find we havean infectious love for our native land.Sicily Life is distinguished by the highest level of personalized service available to each guest;Your host is on hand to make your vacation come true and provide all the needed arrangements.
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We went on a private day tour with Santo. He picked us up from our hotel in Taormina at 9am. Santo’s English is good and he’s very knowledgeable. His car was a people carrier and it was very comfortable. We managed to see lots of the Montalbano sights, including Montalbano’s house by the beach, Enzo’s restaurant, the police station and various churches in Ragusa and Modica. We got back to our hotel at about 8pm. It was a long day but absolutely worthwhile. It was great to see the places we’ve seen in the series as well as to visit this part of Sicily - we loved the old town of Ragusa and the beach at Punta Secca.

All reviews
"church built"
in 5 reviews
"friendly guide"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"forza d'agro"

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

We booked both our transfers and a tour through Sicily Life. They were super easy to communicate with, prompt and the luxury vehicles are lovely.

Our Godfather/Hidden Villages tour with Roberto was an amazing day out. Seriously, visit Sicily in Winter! We had the roads to ourselves, the attractions to ourselves and got some amazing photos. Roberto was a knowledgeable, fun and friendly guide- we loved his infectious personality and had so much fun with him. He went above and beyond to ensure we found a good local spot for lunch even though many restaurants were closed for low season. Seeing Taormina and the Messina coast from a local perspective was such a wonderful experience, highly recommend!

1  Thank Lauren E
Reviewed 24 December 2017

I used Sicily Life for a 10 day tour of Sicily. We were two couples who prefer to travel independently, and they gave us the logistical benefits of a group tour without the regimentation. Sicily Life was invaluable in giving me advice and suggestions for planning our itinerary, and we felt our time was well spent, seeing all the must-see places and spending the right amount of time at each. They were extremely prompt in replying to my emails, and exceedingly patient as I kept asking about and making tweaks to our plans. The local guides that we had at the classical sites were extremely knowledgeable and spoke excellent English, and our driver guide, Carmelo, was absolutely wonderful. Not only was he very knowledgeable and personable, and an excellent driver, but he was very sensitive to our needs. As an example, he saw that my husband had difficulty walking long distances, so in Agrigento he arranged for a golf cart to take us along the valley of the Temples. Sicily Life was simply excellent in all ways for an independent tour of Sicily.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Excellent prompt service with a wonderfully informed guide(Carmelo) for our Montalbano tour. We saw everything we hoped to see and more. Will definitely use them again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 November 2017

I didn't know what to expect, but everything about the tour was first rate. Our driver, Antonio, picked us up at 8:30 and took us to four locales used in the "Godfather" movies -- including Bar Vitelli, where Michael Corleone first encounters his future father-in-law Signor Vitelli, and the picturesque mountain village of Forza D'Agro, used as a stand-in for the town of Corleone. The place was empty of tourists other than my wife and myself. Can I describe the thrill to be standing at the spot at which 9-year-old Vito, hiding in straw beneath a donkey cart, is smuggled out of town?

Antonio, whose English was excellent, was very knowledgeable about the movies and their lore - so much so that he told me things I hadn't known (not easy to do when you've seen Godfather I and II at least 20 times). We wrapped by having a late lunch in the lovely town of Taomina. By the end my mind was swirling with what I had seen. I highly recommend this tour!

2  Thank AlanBrady434