See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 December 2015

My room was on the top floor. The size was OK but felt claustrophobic due to the bizarre choice of paint colour which was the exact shade of Heinz tomato soup. Creaky bed with a sagging mattress. Small, poorly lit bathroom with one of the weakest showers I've encountered. Key kept getting stuck in the door. Appalling wifi coverage, I had to sit in a stairwell two flights lower.

Ancient air conditioning system situated above the only space to place luggage; I awoke to a waterfall of water that had completely soaked my backpack.

Admittedly chosen for low price as well as convenient location, I wish I had paid ten or so euros more per night for a better room on Ortygia. Budget accommodation needn't be so depressing.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2015

There are basically two area of interest in Syracuse: the archaeological sites on the mainland and the island of Ortigia. I chose this place because it looked like a reasonable compromise between the two. In fact though, I found it was a 15 or 20 minute walk to either; I would probably have done better to stay on the island and take a bus to the inland sites. The hotel is in the middle of a very residential district: no restaurants within easy reach (you pretty much have to walk to Ortigia).

Staff were reasonably helpful but spoke very little English.

Also, note that the rooms on the upper floor seem to be basically cabins built on the surface of the terrace. I rather doubt much in the way of inspection or construction codes went on... they are also very dark (no window except in the door). I would suggest you avoid that floor!

Wifi did not work in the room, but was OK in the lobby.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor cabins.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 November 2014

We really wanted to like this hotel because of its close proximity to Ortigia and other Siracusa sites, but in the end, we could only tolerate one night and left quickly. Not only was the shower stall tiny, but the hot water cycled between extremely hot and cold which made showering impossible. Our room faced a busy street corner where kids, cars, motorcycles raced around all hours of the night and even with the balcony door closed, the noise was unbearable. WiFi was nonexistent in the room. Breakfast was sad - one cup of juice, one cup of tea/coffee, and one croissant. The bed was comfortable, though.

Room Tip: all rooms face the street so bring earplugs
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MindyLePooh
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I spent a great weekend in Siracusa. Thanks to this Hotel, I was very close to the city center and to the beach, just 5minutes by walking. I liked so much this hotel because, most of all, it was so close to most of the best place of the city and furthermore I found all the comfort I needed: very good hospitality, wonderful and clean rooms, parking for the car, good breakfast and a graceful roof to relax and get tanned.
A special thanks to Tony for the good advice he gave me to spend a good holiday and a special kiss to Simona, what a beautiful woman :). I hope to see you soon guys

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Good price, for rooms with included breakfest. Very kind and helpful receptionist with english capabilities which is not always the case in sicily:)
Its located 20 min walk from the old city center which is okay... it also have wifi ind the reception

• Stayed: July 2013