See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Good price, for rooms with included breakfest. Very kind and helpful receptionist with english capabilities which is not always the case in sicily:)
Its located 20 min walk from the old city center which is okay... it also have wifi ind the reception

Date of stay: July 2013
Reviewed 30 December 2012

This hotel was such a find. Small, simple, family run. I went to Siracusa to visit the race track my father went to as a young sailor in the 50's. The city is gorgeous and the small, simple hotel was perfect. The owner (father of the manager) was on hand to ferry me across town on my last morning, which was much appreciated.

I will probably return to Siracusa and to this hotel. Thank you for your hospitality.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 December 2012

The room is clean and cosy. We stayed at this place for 3 nights, excellent hosts, throughout our stay they were very polite and friendly and made us feel welcome. Overall great experience: a very pleasant place to stay for visiting Sirscusa.

Date of stay: September 2012
2  Thank Sebaxl
Reviewed 15 November 2012

As we were backpacking around Sicily we were looking for affordable accommodation. This fitted the bill perfectly.

The location was excellent. It is just a few minutes walk from Ortygia (which is beautiful and peaceful) and about 15 minutes walk from the catacombs and Archaeological Zone.

The hotel is clean, the staff are extremely friendly and the breakfast was the best we had in our two weeks in Sicily.

We had to leave early the last day to catch a bus and we received an email from the hotel to apologise that we didn't get breakfast. How nice is that?

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2012

This summer me and my girlfriend wanted to visit Sicily. We found the Populus Hotel through internet. We booked and we arrived. We do not speak Italian but fortunately the people in the reception they were speaking english fluently ! (This is rare in the south of Italy, and specially to Sicily!). The hotel is well situated, near the center of the town in a friendly neighbourhood.It is easy to access the local museums and also the very famous Greek amphitheater ! There is a bus station just by the road of the hotel. Near the hotel can be found small traditional Italian restaurants that their prices are very reasonable.Finally the breakfast was awesome, with plenty of food and of course the best Italian coffee ! They provide free internet access with good bandwidth. I will certainly visit again Sicily and i will stay in the same hotel for sure. I highly suggest this hotel for everyone that want to visit Sicily !

Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicola G