All reviewsold townsafe boxpastriesgranitasmall criticismortigia islandhigh ceilingsbig hotelhot showernice hotellovely buildingbed and pillowsbuffet stylecoat hangerspublic parkingthe wi fimins walk away
Reviewed 27 June 2018

So charming and chic.. excellent location walk to the Island. Staff very nice and helpful. Rooms are very pretty and romantic. Lobby host art from many places. Great buffet breakfast. You will not be disappointed.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank Jean K
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights prior to flying back home from Catania. Nice hotel with good rooms although no real outlook in our room. The bed was made with just a sheet and with the aircon turned on it was cold. Luckily I realised that there would be a blanket in the wardrobe, so I put it on the bed. I would think that it would be a good idea to make the bed up with a blanket or duvet for guest comfort, but this is a minor niggle. The hotel is in a great location for exploring Ortigia which is beautiful but far enough away to not be noisy at night. Staff were friendly and helpful during our stay and were patient with my using them to practice my Italian even though they can speak good English. Parking is very difficult on the street so we used the local car park a 5 minute walk away which is €10 per 24 hours. Breakfast was good but it was a shame that the abundance of excellent fresh fruit on the island, the majority at breakfast was from tins. The fresh apricots on our first day were delicious but sadly not there day 2. The americano coffee that my wife prefers we hit and miss but to be fair, this is not something Italians really drink, the espresso on the other hand was good. A good variety of salamis, cheeses and cakes were available along with some delicious scrambled egg. Overall a good stay with just a few minor issues. I would stay again though.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Spacious hotel, dated but pleasant decor, cool (as in temperature which was a plus) bedroom with high ceilings. Breakfast poor: tinned fruit when the island is awash with melons etc seemed bonkers.

Delightful reception staff in particular.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2018

We were first greeted by the driver sent by the hotel at the airport. He was so professional and couldn't have been nice. We were shown to our rooms immediately even on an early arrival. Rooms were as expected with newly renovated and beautiful bathrooms. All the staff ere courteous and kind. We were even informed one night that a party would be held but only until midnight in case of noise. We heard none. We had an extremely pleasant prosecco service outside complete with snacks. Our favorite breakfast in Italy!!

Room Tip: This is the perfect location for visiting Ortigia.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2018

We so enjoyed our stay at Albergo Alfeo. We had a corner room that had three windows. Our room also had an extra room between the door and the sleeping area that would be perfect if you needed an area for a roll away bed. The room was spacious with lovely decor and a large and a modern shower with 3 shower heads. My only critique was the dated hair dryer (the kind that looks like it has a vacuum hose and has no power). I'm still thinking about the breakfast with its wonderful pastries and great selection of items Photos of the dining room don't do it justice. I would love to know the history of this small, but elegant hotel. We were lucky to snag a parking place in front of the hotel and didn't move our car during our stay because it was so convenient to walk to Ortigia (a few blocks). We even walked to the Archaeological Park, which was a 20 minute walk, but doable. We would like to return to Siracusa again and we would definitely stay at Albergo Alfeo.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple