1,446 results
All reviewsrocky beachprivate beachpool areahotel beachon the rockscrystal clear watersea viewpoolside restauranta free shuttle busstar resortcost eurosmount etnashuttle servicesun loungersrental carrooms are comfortablefresh fruit
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Outstanding location across from antique Syracuse, alias Ortygia, When we found about this place, we left the Borgo Pantano hotel, nice enough but set in a mediocre environment, and we were delighted with our choice: The GH Minareto is indeed luxurious, peaceful, and set on the delightful Plemmirio Marine Reserve.
Superb manicured gardens, private cove and beach with hamacs, lounge chairs and crystal clear water. As well as a beautiful wild promontory with more lounge chairs and a staircase leading to the sea. Also a huge pool, and a SPA with good massages. And two Jacuzzi with a superb view of Ortigia (however, the water was not warm at all). Small, delightful houses/cottages scattered through the gardens along the sea (the most expensive units have their own small pool).
We loved our room (#238), very private and quiet, next to the lovely red lighthouse: had a large bedroom, a sitting room, large bathroom and a lovely terrace (I think that all rooms have terraces). We did not want a sea view but privacy, as the sea is everywhere!
Yes, the décoration is a touch glitzy, or shall we say neobaroque ;-) but, thank God, nothing like Las Vegas… It is actually pleasant and a change from the anonymous beige/grey/white current decoration everywhere else. Wifi is great. Parking is free, and there is a free shuttle twice a day for Ortygia (takes 15mn; just need to reserve it). In the summer, I think they also have a private boat service.
The staff is attentive, well trained (unfortunately not the case in many Sicilian hotels). Breakfast is pleasant: I liked being able to eat every morning a large arugala salad sprinkled with pistachios, aside from the usual American and Sicilian fare; it was fun to have breakfast outside, on the terrace overlooking the beach, with the very well mannered and cute hotel cat. In October, the weather was still great and we were able to swim in the sea.
Thank you everyone! We’ll be back!

Room Tip: Room 238, a superior room was perfect: private, calm, at the end of the resort near the lighthouse
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ginsengNewYork
simona C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel Minareto, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank You for staying at Grand Hotel Minareto and for writing this feedback.
In Your feedback, You summed up all the key factors of the Resort, enhanced by the skills and the qualities of the Staff. Also, we are glad to know You consider Your stay, from different points of You, excellent and we really hope You will consider in the future the possibility to come back as our kind Guest. Feedbacks just like Yours are the best and greatest reward for our daily work. Thank You so much.

Best Regards

Reviewed 26 October 2017

I enjoyed my stay at the grand Minareto hotel in Sicily. The grounds of the hotel are exquisite the location is magnificent and the rooms are comfortable .although I found the lighting in the room not adequate. The people at the hotel are kind and very helpful.There is one thing I must mention and that is that in October the place is over run with flies for some reason it seems the is the month for flies so be warned . I found the breakfasts at the hotel very good with a large variety of items to choose from . However the dinner and lunch meals are expensive for what you get and the food is not as good as in the restaurants in town

Room Tip: the rooms are located in gorgeous gardens and the best ones are facing the ocean
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ilanaslomowitz
simona C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel Minareto, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank You for choosing our resort for Your vacation and for writing this feedback about Your experience.
We are glad to read You enjoyed Your stay, appreciating the rooms, the surroundings, the kindness of th whole staff and the culinary breakfast offer. We are sorry to read that You can not extend this positive judgment even to lunch and dinner, but we hope that this small personal impression will not compromise the overall judgment about the resort.
Hoping will decide to come back as our kind Guest salso for the next season, we send

Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 October 2017

I stayed at the GH Minareto last week as part of a Yoga retreat with yoga-escapes.com and it was a wonderful experience. This review will only focus on the hotel itself and not the yoga.
Whilst at the hotel, I was able to enjoy a stunning view on their gardens, the stunning sea and the beautiful coastal surroundings from pretty much everywhere I was.
I only ate at their restaurant at breakfast because I like to explore local restaurants. The breakfast was very good and offerred a lot options but I can't comment on lunch, dinner or the pool bar as I haven't been there.
The service I received was also outstanding. The reception staff, the dining room waiting staff, the room cleaning personnnel, the pool and the private beach lifeguards were always friendly and helfpul.
In particular I loved their sandy beach (my favourite) and the rocky beach on the other side with the stunning view on the Siracusa historical town of Ortigia!
I had a rental car which was easy to park at the hotel premises. However I reccomend at least once to ask for a boat passage from the hotel to Ortigia, it takes only a few minutes to cross the bay but it is a memorable experience.
Overall definitely recommended.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank tifereth
simona C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel Minareto, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Guest,

In few words, You summed up all the key factors of the Resort, enhanced by the skills and the qualities of the Staff. Also, we are glad to know You consider Your stay, from different points of You, excellent and we really hope You could consider in the future the possibility to come back as our kind Guest.

Best Regards

Reviewed 21 October 2017

I came here with Yoga Escapes and lived a fantastic week of a genuine Sicily experience. The hotel is composed of beautiful bungalows allowing for a feel of privacy and comfort. My room had an extensive terrace with breathtaking views of the Mediterranean Sea and the city of Syracuse. The little villas are surrounded by typical Sicilian plants-a paradise on earth. The service was discrete and extremely friendly.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anna L
simona C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel Minareto, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank You so much for this wonderful feedback and for being our Guests!
What makes us happy is that, reading Your words, You can really feel the joy and the pleasure for having lived fully the “Minareto Life”.
For this reason, with the certainty You will keep a good memories of Your holiday, we wish to see You next year and we send our

Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 October 2017

I am currently staying at this hotel with my daughter in their five star villas. We have had problems with the villas since we arrived, first being locked in as the door lock was broken. 24 hours later this is still a problem. Food at breakfast is as other stated tinned fruit and packet cereal , cakes and cooked meats.
the lighting in the villas and lack of privacy shouts out that this was not designed by any one who had any idea about hotel rooms. You are blinded when you walk in by bright floor lights. the ceiling lights are sparse and the whole villa very dark there are no windows in the bathroom, or sitting room. There is one full length glass door with no curtain which gives anyone outside a view of you in your bathroom. When complaining to management they simply say its the most private part of the hotel. last night a mouse greeted us in the room. The maintenance guy who came to deal with it was frightened so suggested moving from the villas. The same guy earlier was a waiter in the main restaurant. We ordered a tuna salad on the first night. What turned up was a plate of wet lettuce and tin tuna dumped on top. The location is lovely and I think its a real shame that the staff take no advise from their holidaymakers, as clearly many highlight the same issues. I certainly wouldn't class this as a five star deluxe hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family