1,466 results
All reviews sandy beach pool area on the rocks sea view free shuttle service hotel shuttle poolside restaurant mount etna beautiful resort cost euros star resort sun loungers restaurant staff our honeymoon hire car breakfast buffet is minutes by car
Reviewed 26 October 2017

I enjoyed my stay at the grand Minareto hotel in Sicily. The grounds of the hotel are exquisite the location is magnificent and the rooms are comfortable .although I found the lighting in the room not adequate. The people at the hotel are kind and very helpful.There is one thing I must mention and that is that in October the place is over run with flies for some reason it seems the is the month for flies so be warned . I found the breakfasts at the hotel very good with a large variety of items to choose from . However the dinner and lunch meals are expensive for what you get and the food is not as good as in the restaurants in town

Room tip: the rooms are located in gorgeous gardens and the best ones are facing the ocean
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ilanaslomowitz
simona C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel Minareto, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank You for choosing our resort for Your vacation and for writing this feedback about Your experience.
We are glad to read You enjoyed Your stay, appreciating the rooms, the surroundings, the kindness of th whole staff and the culinary breakfast offer. We are sorry to read that You can not extend this positive judgment even to lunch and dinner, but we hope that this small personal impression will not compromise the overall judgment about the resort.
Hoping will decide to come back as our kind Guest salso for the next season, we send

Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 October 2017

I stayed at the GH Minareto last week as part of a Yoga retreat with yoga-escapes.com and it was a wonderful experience. This review will only focus on the hotel itself and not the yoga.
Whilst at the hotel, I was able to enjoy a stunning view on their gardens, the stunning sea and the beautiful coastal surroundings from pretty much everywhere I was.
I only ate at their restaurant at breakfast because I like to explore local restaurants. The breakfast was very good and offerred a lot options but I can't comment on lunch, dinner or the pool bar as I haven't been there.
The service I received was also outstanding. The reception staff, the dining room waiting staff, the room cleaning personnnel, the pool and the private beach lifeguards were always friendly and helfpul.
In particular I loved their sandy beach (my favourite) and the rocky beach on the other side with the stunning view on the Siracusa historical town of Ortigia!
I had a rental car which was easy to park at the hotel premises. However I reccomend at least once to ask for a boat passage from the hotel to Ortigia, it takes only a few minutes to cross the bay but it is a memorable experience.
Overall definitely recommended.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank tifereth
simona C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel Minareto, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank You for staying at Grand Hotel Minareto and for writing this feedback.
In few words, You summed up all the key factors of the Resort, enhanced by the skills and the qualities of the Staff. Also, we are glad to know You consider Your stay, from different points of You, excellent and we really hope You could consider in the future the possibility to come back as our kind Guest.

Best Regards

Reviewed 21 October 2017

I came here with Yoga Escapes and lived a fantastic week of a genuine Sicily experience. The hotel is composed of beautiful bungalows allowing for a feel of privacy and comfort. My room had an extensive terrace with breathtaking views of the Mediterranean Sea and the city of Syracuse. The little villas are surrounded by typical Sicilian plants-a paradise on earth. The service was discrete and extremely friendly.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank X8334FVannal
simona C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel Minareto, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank You so much for this wonderful feedback and for being our Guests!
What makes us happy is that, reading Your words, You can really feel the joy and the pleasure for having lived fully the “Minareto Life”.
For this reason, with the certainty You will keep a good memories of Your holiday, we wish to see You next year and we send our

Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 October 2017

I am currently staying at this hotel with my daughter in their five star villas. We have had problems with the villas since we arrived, first being locked in as the door lock was broken. 24 hours later this is still a problem. Food at breakfast is as other stated tinned fruit and packet cereal , cakes and cooked meats.
the lighting in the villas and lack of privacy shouts out that this was not designed by any one who had any idea about hotel rooms. You are blinded when you walk in by bright floor lights. the ceiling lights are sparse and the whole villa very dark there are no windows in the bathroom, or sitting room. There is one full length glass door with no curtain which gives anyone outside a view of you in your bathroom. When complaining to management they simply say its the most private part of the hotel. last night a mouse greeted us in the room. The maintenance guy who came to deal with it was frightened so suggested moving from the villas. The same guy earlier was a waiter in the main restaurant. We ordered a tuna salad on the first night. What turned up was a plate of wet lettuce and tin tuna dumped on top. The location is lovely and I think its a real shame that the staff take no advise from their holidaymakers, as clearly many highlight the same issues. I certainly wouldn't class this as a five star deluxe hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank michele810
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Recently I spent a week at this Hotel with my friends and it was an amazing experience for all of us. Starting from the most beautiful location...facing Ortega, old part of Siracusa, and going all the way through quality of service and staff....
small villas with apartments, our was facing the bay with incredible view to Mount Etna and Ortega.. sunsets and sundowns every day were the most wanted moments you can imagine...with a glass of wine or some delicious sea food from the hotel restaurant.
Our room was very clean and good enough to accommodate 3 persons which I believe was really designated for two... But it was done per our request. Everyday fresh sets of towels and bathrobes as well as pretty good choice of washing supplies.
Sandy beach on one side of the resort and rocky on the other....make this hotel a really wanted place.
Even the water supplies on the island is a challenge we were positively surprised how well the staff is taking care of the garden plants. They water them every single day and the result is incredible ...tones of tropical trees and other beautiful plants all over... very positive site of this place.
Very friendly and helpful stuff ...never had any problems ... all our requests and orders were fulfilled immediately....
Of course there is still space to improve but overall ...I highly recommend this place and if only I were living closer..I would come back for sure.

Room tip: Sea view rooms with terrace are facing mount Etna and Ortega, Siracusa
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Barbuncia
simona C, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Grand Hotel Minareto, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank You for choosing Grand Hotel Minareto and for dedicating part of Your spare time to write this lovely feedback.

We are glad to know You appreciated most of everything the wonderful views over Ortigia and Mount Etna, as well as the double access to the sea, with the picturesque cliff on the sea and the kindness and helpfulness of the whole Staff, as well as the well-maintained gardens.
We are really happy You described Your stay as an unforgettable experience. We will wait for You during the upcoming season.

Best Regards