“Comfortable modern apartment”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
The Twin Bedroom
The Twin Bedroom
Hallways
Balcony
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

slough
“Comfortable modern apartment”
Reviewed 31 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

We enjoyed our stay in this very central apartment. Chiara welcomed us and was extremely helpful with all her advice about our visit. She arranged some parking (80Euros for 6 nights, so quite expensive), only a 3 min walk away. We had a problem when the owners of the car park did not understand that we wanted to take our car out for the day, but Chiara kindly explained all this to them over the phone. The apartment has two good sized bedrooms, one ensuite, one with a bathroom next to the bedroom; a good sized living-dining area and a small kitchen. It was all perfectly clean. The only problem we had was that our friends, who are both fairly light-sleepers, were kept awake by the noise from the masherator of a neighbouring apartment. It should also be noted that there were hardly any English language TV stations, so taking some DVDs would have been a good idea.

Liked best: Overall apartment
Liked least: The masherator
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
2 Nov 2015
Dear Lynn,
Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at Xirba. Your feedback is extremely valuable to me, as I strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects that need updating. It is a pleasure to announce that I will be getting a Netflix subscription this month, so future guests can watch any kind of original language movies and tv shows on my smart tv.
I know that car parting cost is not cheap. That's because this is the only car parking in a large area and they keep prices high. I will do my best to make a deal and get a discount on the parking fee.
As for the noise during the night time, I am really sorry and I kindly ask you to convey my apologies to your friends. That noise was caused by a damage to the macerator which is located on the floor below. I will fix the problem in the next couple of days.
Thanks again for your kind notes. It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back to my place in the next future.

SUE P
Sandown, United Kingdom
“excellent well situated &equipped apartment with most helpful owner”
Reviewed 28 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

We spent a wonderful time at this lovely apartment in Palermo. It is ideally situated for visiting all main sights, yet in a quiet area, away from passing traffic. It is well equipped & tastefully decorated. Chiara, the owner, was most helpful in providing all the information we needed for our stay, & was there to meet us despite our flight having been diverted & delayed until past midnight! We would highly recommend this apartment.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The layout of the apartment
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Families with young children
28 Oct 2015
Dear guests,
I really thank you for your positive feedback. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at my property.
Your kind words push me to do even better.
If you ever come to my city again, have no doubt you have your home away from home here!!
Joan V
San Francisco
“Gem in Palermo”
Reviewed 26 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

The apartment is newly renovated and sparkling clean. Well located jiust mintues from Via Roma in a real neigborhood so you get the feel of Palermo. Chiara was a chaming host who waited for us as our luggage was lost and we did not arrive until nearly midnight. She thoughtfully greeted us with some wonderful local pastries. The apartment is spacious as well.

Liked best: Spacious
Liked least: No microwave
Travelling group: Extended Family
27 Oct 2015
Dear guests,
your words are so heartwarming. I'd like to thank you for your sincere feedback. It has been a pleasure hosting the three of you.
You have been wonderful guests and you will always be my most welcome guests if you want to come back one day.

Best,
Roberta D
Bangor, Maine
“Perfect place to stay in heart of Palermo”
Reviewed 15 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

XIRBA is stylish, comfortable and sqeaky-clean 2 bedroom apartment. It is exactly as described in the Air B&B description. The apartment building itself has been beautifully renovated. XIRBA is in the heart of La Kalsa, a vibrant neighborhood in the heart of Palermo's historic center. It is within easy walking-distance of all major sites and abut a 10 minute walk from the Central train and inter-city bus station. Restaurants and cafes are nearby. There is also a Carrefour supermarket within 5 minutes walk. Chiara is incredibly helpful in orienting us to the apartment and the neighborhood. She provided a lot of information about what to see and how to get there. She is always available by phone. Her English is impeccable. Definitely recommend!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
16 Oct 2015
My dear Guests, what a super-nice feedback!
Thanks for your kind words on my place and on the beautiful area around it. That will help future travelers to make their choice.
I look forward to host you at my property again, and once more, thank you for your positive comments.

Margaret...
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Well presented and equipped quiet apartment in historic centre”
Reviewed 6 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Had 4 nights in Palermo, enjoyed the apartment immensely, 2 good sized bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, everything modern and bright and good location for visiting Palermo's tourist sites on foot. Felt safe here even late at night, and there is a big Carrefour store nearby for all your needs! Chiara gave us lots of advice about things to see and places to eat. Highly recommended , only one small criticism and that is that only room for two on the lovely sunny balcony. Overall is a fantastic place !

Liked best: Location in the historic centre of Palermo
Liked least: Balcony was small , only room for two people
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
8 Jun 2015
Dear guests,
glad to hear that your experience of Xirba was that good. I really thank you for your nice words.
If you ever come back to Palermo in the next future, it would be a pleasure to host you at my place again and - hopefully - let all of you relax on a larger sunny balcony!

Chiara
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing