See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 June 2015 via mobile

Once again I suggested this hotel to a visitor of my university (I live in Palermo, thus I have never been a guest of the hotel). As usual, I asked my guest how was his room and he was thoroghly satisfied. The staff was friendly and efficient, the room comfortable and clean, the price convenient and the position strategic. I will suggest this hotel to my guests and friends.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2015

I stayed here in November 2014 (and have stayed here often prior to that) to visit colleagues at the University of Palermo.

This hotel provides great accommodation and is very conveniently situated. From the hotel one can easily access part of the university, both the train and bus stations, the sea and the botanical gardens. My room and bathroom were large and clean and the bed comfortable. The breakfast was typical Italian and the staff super friendly and helpful. I will stay at this gem in Palermo again.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Coenraad L
Reviewed 10 June 2014

What a find! A neat clean commodious small hotel, close to the city center, with free off-street parking! Friendly helpful staff, a very adequate breakfast, a modern elevator for us oldies with heavy bags, and a quiet comfortable, well-equipped room on level 3 overlooking the botanical gardens at a reasonable price. Would choose Villa Archirafi again in preference to fancier Palermo hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side overlook the Botanical Gardens
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jtsign
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This was the only hotel we could find from our Sicily book with a vacancy in an emergency, We approached it with a bit of trepidation because of its 2* rating. In fact it is perfectly clean, our room was large as was the bathroom and the shower, although a tiny capsule, was hot with copious water. It has good air conditioning, a small terrace and parking in its front courtyard. The staff were very helpful and access is flat and easy. We were directed to a good restaurant for dinner. In house breakfast was basic. The lift is small but effective. We discovered in the morning that our room had only one towel which we shared. No wifi in the room but neither did the 4* hotel we moved to although they advertised that they did. In fact it was equal to some of the Italian 4* hotels we have stayed at. In Italy, 4* = 2 to 3 in the rest of Europe and the USA. At 80 Euros for the night incl. breakfast and parking, it was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JohnR63
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I live in Palermo and I work very close to this hotel. That is why I take my colleagues here. But I have to say that they are always very happy with it. The position is strategic, close to the railway central station, the bus station, the botanical garden, Piazza Marina etc. They have small apartments for longer stay and the price is very good so I recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2013