USD 123
  • Restaurant
USD 299
USD 265
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 303/night.

USD 259
USD 157
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 206/night.

USD 147
USD 106
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 150/night.

USD 174
USD 164
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 193/night.

USD 108
USD 96
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 140/night.

Alma Hotel(Palermo)
USD 128
USD 124
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 152/night.

USD 146
USD 123
Priceline
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 148/night.

USD 120
USD 117
USD 988
USD 951
galahotels.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 July 2011

My friend and i satyed here for 2 nights. It was appalling from start to finish... the rest of the 2 weeks in Sicily was excellent everywhere. Everything was an ISSUE and met with a sigh. Parking.. (out on the street very narrow and crowded),there was plenty of room for a secure and shaded place for our car inside the gtates, but it was not offered.. we had to beg for it. The room was large but dark with a tiny window. Not against a wall .. see photos, and hot. Despite having given her our arrival time she hadnt turned any air-con on and it was close to 40deg. No maps of the area or restaurant recmmendations were available. When we did go out to dinner at nearby Mondello. she went into our room for no other reason but to turn the aircon off !! It was upstairs so hot again and took about 2 hours to cool down. It was penny pinching. Breakfast was nice, bread yesterdays, but miserable when I asked for tomatoes and she said she only had 3. for us... there was a bunch on the kitchen bench in sight. (dont really do the sweet biscuit thing for breakfast). I asked about a place to do a litle handwashing. She said she would do a load in her machine for €15.... steep, so I did it by hand. That day she asked if we could pay her in cash that same day. (it says CC on the wedsite) We didnt really want to make a special trip to a cash machine nor carry around wads of cash so didnt. She seemed desperate for the money. That evening she proceeded to turn off our lamp in our room, and gave us a lecture about envoronmental issues but it seemed more like money to us.
It was either sit in a dark, dungeon of a room or the humd hot house or terrace (made so by the beatiful garden... also loads of insects). It looked like there was a high terrace with views, maybe glimpses of the sea on the website but that is another prpoerty in the same brochure and website. It is all very mis-leading !
The next day we paid by CC before we left. She was fumning and stomped around and there was not so much as a goodbye let alone a smile. Not a word. She obviuously hates what she is doing and should find another source of income.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Gabriella_Pucci, Proprietario at Il Glicine - Piana dei Colli, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

In a welcome card that guests receive upon arrival at my b&b is recommended to turn off the lights before leaving the room, as it happens for the environment respect in all the best hotels in the world where they even turn off all the lights automatically when the door is closed out. For the air conditioning if it is really hot… obviously is always on. It could happen sometimes that I forget to turn it on before the arrival of the guests, but can only be an oversight!
Speaking of light with these ladies I had an exchange of ideas on saving energy and the greenhouse effect, but they did not share my ecological philosophy (I have been president of Legambiente – a famous environmental association - in my city) and have replied with mocking and scornful tones mistaking it for avarice and this has probably indisposed towards me.
The guarded parking is always available. As well as the outside, maybe even more convenient and just as safe because our villa is in a residential area is private. It is incorrect to say what these guests have said in this regard. Evidently it was a misunderstanding for the language when they were offered to them both.
Washing the laundry is not included in the price, so the cost of 15 € I think it is absolutely fair for an entire washing and drying and folding of the leaders.
The breakfast is continental with fresh produce all of the house, of course, tomatoes are not provided because they are not expected in continental breakfast!
The bill can be paid either in cash or by credit card and no one forces a way of the two.
Finally, remember that the appreciation of my b&b is obvious to the almost unanimously enthusiastic judgments that are visible on the portal.

Reviewed 13 May 2009

We just returned from a wonderful vacation in Piana dei Colli, what a charming place to stay in Palermo!
The B&B was so quiet and peaceful and our view from our room was just magnific. My boyfriend and I planned a romantic weekend in Sicily, we decided to come here in despite of the negative comments given by italian users (I don't really understand why they wrote that!)
Anyway, this place is just fantastic! It was wonderful to be able to come and go when we wanted to, it almost made us feel like we were at home. The owner was a wonderful woman. She was very kind and took the time to get to know us. She was so warm, gracious, welcoming and helpful! She definitely makes an effort to make us feel welcome and if the nice accommodations weren't enough (and they are), we'd want to come back because of her.
The rooms were spacious, nicely decorated, very clean, the bathroom was lovely. Our room overlooks to the garden that it's the most important and incredible part of the house: together with the colours of the differents plants, this environment was a "green paradise".
Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2009

Both my wife and I had a wonderful time in Palermo and mainly thanks to the perfect hospitality Gabriella gave us during our stay.

We will never forget the smell of her garden , the fragrance of her home made jams, her " sensible advice" on where to eat and where to go in Palermo.

We will definetly be back

Maria and Marco

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2009

Like the last reviewer it's taken me a long time to get around to writing the review so maybe Gabriella, who runs this place, has mellowed with age but I had a similar experience...

i went with my boyfriend (both in our late 20s at the time). Gabriella had emailed us directions but our flight was delayed so we arrived in the dark and anyone who has been to Sicily will know the road signs are non existent so when we took one wrong turn that was it, we were lost. We phoned gabriella for help. She was very angry that we were keeping her up while she waited for us and shouted at us for being too stupid to find the way. She was completely unhelpful and when we finally found our way by asking passers by and got to the house she shouted at us again. I shouted back and i eventually she realised how unreasonable she'd been and calmed down. Not a great start to our holiday.

Anyway, the breakfasts in the garden were very nice and my boyfriend worked his charm on gabriella to make amends so we had a pleasant enough couple of days after a bad start.
The room itself was nowhere near as nice as it looks on the website. It was small, dark (tiny window) and quite far from the bathroom. You can't use any of the rest of the house and feel like you have to creep through and feel guilty for turning the lights on, etc. It's basically room only... That said, it is very peaceful and is comfy enough - just not luxury

It wasn't a terrible place to stay at all but the rudeness of the owner, coupled with disappointment that it didn't nearly live up to the pics on the website mean i definitely wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank spirit_level

Sorry, but we always beg guests to print the clear directions we send them before coming, as it's impossible without them or GPS to discover where the villa is located. And it's also impossible to help people when they call and they are not able to explain where they are! If they would have told me where they were I would have gone immediately to pick them up! So after ten useless call, sorry, I was exhausted and maybe not very happy but it's not in my habit to shout at anyone!
The room they occupied is exactly 28 sq.m. and it's difficult to consider it small.... I think that the bad start of their stay twisted the truth, I'm really sorry.

Reviewed 2 February 2008

I have waited nearly one year before deciding post this review, thinking that our experience might mellow over time. But we believe others should be aware of some issues with this property.

The property is beautiful, and in a lovely location near the waterfront in Mondello. The entire castle was once owned by the proprietor's family, but taxes forced her to sell most of it off. Thus the b&b portion (and her home) is now small corner of what once was all hers, and there is a sense that she is opening her home for the same reason that she had to sell off the rest. We did not sense the typical American b&b proprietor love of meeting people from other parts of the world. Instead, there are clear signs posted in your room that one is **not** allowed to use the living rooms (which was quite a shock, even though these rooms are displayed as part of her marketing advertisements). Moreover, one is *not* allowed to use the dining room for anything other than the breakfast time. One is allowed to use **only** your private room - clearly not the b&b experience that most American's have come to expect.

Several vignettes will explain the difficulties you might encounter: One evening, for example, our mother was exhausted and not well, and we thought it best to pick up a pizza to bring back to the house, and asked if we might be able to use the dining room table. We were given a very cold and firm "no, you cannot bring food here," despite the clear infirmity of our mother. Several other issues were distressing - she wanted us to pay full price for a husband and child who could not travel with us because of the rotovirus, despite a full 7-day advance cancellation of these 2 people, and despite the fact that they would have stayed in one of our rooms (so she wasn't losing a room). Lastly, despite advertising that she takes credit cards, she stubbornly insisted on being paid the **full** amount of the stay in cash by the second night.

Final review: this is a beautiful oasis, perfect for a young romantic couple that is not traveling with children or elderly, and that has no intention of spending any time whatsoever in the b&b beyond the breakfast hour. Then, you will find this charming, inviting, perfect.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

It happens that some guests ignore the meaning of "Bed and Breakfast" in a private family house. When I was young I travelled several times all along Great Britain using B&B and of course I went out in the morning for visiting then coming back in the evening to rest. Because this is the sense of B&B, different from a boarding-house. Surely not occupy during the whole day the whole house without respecting the family who lives in!
Finally I want just to note that the "small corner" of the castle where we live is 300 sqm large with a garden of 1.500 sqm....not really small!.
As to the problem of cancellation fee when guests reserve they subscribe a form with a very clear cancellation policy. Not easy to misunderstand!