“Would like to live there”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room (detail)
The Monumental Facade, Baroque with rare Renaissance Remains Entrance to the apartment: Main Landing on Main Baroque Staircase (red Sicilian marble)
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Monumental Facade, Baroque with rare Renaissance Remains
The Living Room
The Kitchen, with typical Sicilian maiolica. Fully equipped for cooking and dining (8 people)
Main Bedroom, with 16th-c. wall paintings, ensuite wardrobe and blue bathroom with large bathtab
2nd Ensuite Bedroom (the orange ensuite bathroom has a shower)
either Drawing Room or 3rd Bedroom (for up to 3 people). Balcony with 2 chairs onto the main facade
The Blue bathroom (of the main ensuite bedroom)
Another view of the Landing at the Entrance to the Apartment
goodnight from the Landing...
The courtyard, with the 17th-c. Baroque fountain representing a Smiling Satire
Another vew of the peaceful courtyard, in a winter day when the mulberry tree is bare :-(
The building from the street
the street: via Lungarini
surroundings: christmas reading in the Oratorio di San Lorenzo (2 minutes walk)
surroundings: the cloister of Palazzo Steri in Piazza Marina
surroundings: ficus magnoliae in the Giardino Garibaldi in Piazza Marina
surroundings: sunday fleemarket in Piazza Marina
surroundings: tea room in Piazza Marina (Cioccolateria Lorenzo)
surroundings: via Alloro
surroundings: detail of Palazzo Abatellis in via Alloro
surroundings: design shop in via Alloro (officine Achab)
surroundings: glass jewellery workshop in via Alloro
The ancient port of the 'Cala' at a few minute walk. Great promenade on a sunny day or summer night
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 13 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Unnur J
“Would like to live there”
Reviewed 26 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We had some wonderful 6 days in Palazzo Lungarini, a family of three with a friend so everyone had a special room. The grandeur and beauty of the place added perfectly to our experience in Palermo, where we went the days looking at old art and buildings and finding great restaurants. Luna is a exceptional host, she really cares about her guests and gave us tons of good advice and information. Lots of wonderful details in the home, there was a fruit basket and wine waiting for us when we came, and the bathrooms well provided with nice toiletries. The situation is perfect, you are in the heart of things. I wouldn't mind living there if I lived in Palermo, and will definitely head for Lunas place next time we visit Palermo.

Management Response
17 Jul 2017
And we can't wait to meet you again, whether in your country or again here ! thank you for your beautiful review!
Physeter
Australia
“Stylish, secure, and great location”
Reviewed 8 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Location couldn't be better. Easy walking distance to supermarket, shops, restaurants and buzzing friendly nightlife. Luna, the host, went out of her way to make our stay comfortable and fun. The building is delightful blend of 16th to 18th Century architecture,with modern conveniences, ample furnishings, and secure behind solid courtyard doors.
It was a bit hot without air-conditioning, but portable fans meant that we slept well. We would have preferred a wall-mounted shower as opposed to the hand-held rose, but, all up, this was ideal accommodation for five friends.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Management Response
14 Aug 2016
Thank you so much Robyn for your nice review, you are too nice! I also enjoyed having you at my place and to be perfectly honest I miss you! Please don't get me wron but I would like to explain about the air conditioning and the bathtab in the main suite. There are planty of places to sty in Palermo, some are beautiful and perfectly located, as well as run by very helpful people who are keen on hospitality and eanjoy it as much as I do. So in order to get bookings I need to be different and offer a different service, one which, of course, might not encounter everybody's taste. Now I realise you appreciated my place, I know, you have told me, and hope you'll come back too. But the reason why I have no air conditioning is that I don't want to break the law and put airconditioning in an ancient palazzo. Some people do, but it is forbidden when the palazzo is so important. Besides, at the high temperatures of July and august airconditioning is not good for your health, and that's why Nordern Europens prefer it. They also prefere it because it is much better to save the enviroment, something I have started to care much about. As you said the fans I provide are of high standerd type, and I am so glad you made the most of them! I also think they look much better in a place which is furnished in a classically elegant way. As far as the hand.held rose of the shower, I have normal good showers in the other two bathrooms, the hand-held rose is only for cleaning the elegant bathtab, which I chose to put in the main en-swite bedroom with 16th-century frescoes in order to provide something more suitable to the setting. I will think of a way to add a shower but it will be difficult not to spoil the ancient setting so I am not sure I will do it. Sending you all my love and really hoping to meet you again in the future, all of you lot!!!
Marian A
Orkney Islands, United Kingdom
“A fabulous apartment in a wonderful location.”
Reviewed 8 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

We loved our short experience of gracious living in this very elegant flat. It has a fab little balcony overlooking a quiet street and a beautiful courtyard and spectacular entrance. The bedrooms and furniture are just right. The kitchen has everything you need for an opportunity to cook some of the great local food - there is a supermarket about 2 minutes away although there are plenty of good restaurants in every direction. It is close to the main streets and there are so many wonderful places to visit very nearby. Luna was generous and such fun. She gave us good advice about what we had to see and do. The area is safe and lively - the atmosphere was friendly everywhere we went. We only got home yesterday and I would love to go back.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The yellow sofa and the balcony
Liked least: The toaster
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
danacorbi...
Emsworth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 18 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

Wonderful property,good heating,great kitchen,full of character,a taste of life in a Sicilian palazzo. Luna was fantastic full of helpful information about her city. Somewhere we will stay again.Very central position you can walk to all the churches and museums.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
j0h4n
Lund, Sweden
“Palace with style”
Reviewed 6 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

This was a very very nice experience. Luna and her friends and family are great hosts, providing everything you need. Perfectly located in Palermo's historical center, most sightseeing can be done walking. Don't miss going to Ballaro to buy your veggies.

The apartment is very well kept, perhaps in the wintertime you'd wish for some more windows. But the 16th-century wall paintings make up for most.

And again, the hosts are doing a wonderful job.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing