USD 109
USD 225
USD 109
USD 96
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 110/night.

USD 211
USD 163
Alma Hotel(Palermo)
USD 96
USD 93
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 109/night.

USD 142
USD 117
Priceline
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 133/night.

USD 205
Hotels.com
USD 881
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdrawer spacecomfortable hotelquiet streetsome great restaurantsstayed here for nightstravel agentguest roomshistorical centerdouble roommodern bathroomrental carexcellent locationcakesquiet roommin walkold cityneighborhood
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Lovely oasis after a long day walking Palermo. Rooms were roomy and comfortable. Highly recommended. Central to Palermo. Easy walking distance to everything and close to some wonderful restaurants. Was not disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
3  Thank Katerina M
GiuliaBriguglia, Sales & Marketing Executive at Hotel Principe di Villafranca, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Katerina M,
thank you so much for this excellent review. We are very happy that you appreciated the comfort and layout of rooms, and the very central location of the hotel - we were delighted in reading that our hotel was an oasis after a long day visiting Palermo and your experience matched your expectations! We really look forward to having you back as our guest on your next stay in Palermo and in the meanwhile would like to send you ou kindest regards,

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Our group had a great experience here. The property is beginning to show its age just a bit, but the rooms are clean and we found the staff to be very helpful. It's a little outside of the historical center but is just a couple of blocks away from via della Liberta', one of Palermo's swankiest shopping streets.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank sarahcateps

Dear sarahcateps,

thank you very much for your lovely review - we are really delighted that you had a fantastic group stay experience with us! Thank you for highlighting the perfect cleanliness of the property and the very helpful and friendly attitude of all staff and the excellent location of the hotel, a short walk to the historical part of the city and right in the middle of its most elegant shopping and entertainment area. We really hope to have the opportunity to have you back as our guest in Palermo on the occasion of your next stay and in the meanwhile we send you our kindest regards!

Reviewed 21 October 2017

The location was good, the staff was helpful in giving directions or booking restaurant reservations. It was great to have off street parking for our car. Unfortunately the neighborhood is old and dirty which I think distracts from the hotel facilities.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
GiuliaBriguglia, Sales & Marketing Executive at Hotel Principe di Villafranca, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear evelynffowler,
thank you for sharing this review - we are very happy that you enjoyed the hotel location, the helpfulness of our staff and the hotel additional facilities such as our parking garage! With a view to the neighbourhood, I just wished to highlight that Palermo is a very ancient and urbanized city, and many of its neighbourhoods date back centuries ago. Our area is in particular a mix of Art Déco and post-50s buildings so I must say it is actually one of the newest areas of the city center, plus one of the most elegant ones, very residential and full of restaurants and top quality shopping. I am therefore truly sorry and suprised by the impression you had of it. I will look forward to welcoming you back to our property on the occasion of a future stay in Palermo and in the meanwhile I send you my very kindest regards.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Well maintained... expansive lobby with a good breakfast buffet. The room was not well appointed, with very old and basic furniture. A very courteous staff and I felt safe and secure in this hotel. When I return to Palermo, I will seek a hotel which is better appointed. If you are looking for basic, this is for you....

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
GiuliaBriguglia, Sales & Marketing Executive at Hotel Principe di Villafranca, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Ron S,
we really wish to thank you for sharing your opinion on your recent stay experience with us at Hotel Principe di Villafranca. We are extremely happy you appreciated the atmosphere and style of the hotel common areas and the quality of our breakfast service. We are also very happy that the courtesy of our staff and the very nice neighbourhood made you feel safe and welcome. We are sorry that the room you were assisgned did not match your expectations: all furnishing is very contemporary and neat and involves very modern materials like resins, concrete and steel - with wooden flooring and wardrobes and some design elements like chairs and lamps, plus a contemporary art piece in each room. We suggest that on the occasion of a future stay in Palermo you might choose one of our junior suites, which feature additional design elements and warm antiques - and hope that on your next visit to Palermo we might have a new chance to make your stay more pleasant. Looking forward to welcoming you again to our property, we send you our very kindest regards.
Giulia Briguglia, Sales & Marketing Executive, Hotel Principe di Villafranca

Reviewed 12 September 2017

I don’t recommend Hotel Principe di Villafranca. I found a lot of reasons to avoid this hotel.

The hotel had superficial trappings of a boutique hotel, but failed on most of the basic hotel requirements. The hotel was bad, disturbing, potentially dangerous and not compatible with the concept of a good night’s sleep.

The floor in my room (ominously, and perhaps prophetically, labelled room 101) was indeed stylish parquet, but scratched, damaged and dirty.

Work desk and bedside shelf seemed to be concrete or stone slabs, slightly convex, and painted with remarkably smooth and slippery paint. Doubtless a stylish minimalist / brutalist artistic statement. But be careful not to leave your glasses, Rolex or iPhone there; the slightest nudge will send them sliding off onto the hard floor.

Towels were few and thin. Bathroom equipment was tediously stylish, the kind of stuff that looks great in bath equipment catalogues but is hard to understand and a pointless faff to use. Moreover, the shower compartment leaked water onto the bathroom floor. Shower temperature could change suddenly from comfortable to scalding hot, probably when a toilet was flushed elsewhere in the hotel. This was a problem I’d rate as downright dangerous because my shower was equipped with a rain plate, which again is doubtlessly stylish, but it makes it impossible to escape from the fall of scalding water: unlike a spray head, the fixed rain plate can’t be directed away. I’m surprised showers like this are even legal these days given the risk they present.

Public areas of the hotel were adorned with some rather creepy wall art (although others might call it challenging, and/or boutique stylish). Paintings depicting images of eroticised death that were both potentially disturbing and laughably bad; paintings of faceless womens’ crotches with fingers suggestively dangled adjacent; paintings depicting views up womens’ skirts. It seems that “upskirting” isn’t just the prerogative of perverts with smartphones – artists with lurid imaginations can do it too. Hardly dolce vita, and not a great hotel to bring your kids.

Location was also not impressive. Reasonably close to town, but located up a side street that looks pretty grim, especially at night. Also remarkably difficult to find when returning: if you stay at this hotel (although I can’t think why you’d want to) make sure you carefully memorise its location as you head out, or chances are you’ll never find your way back.

Wi-Fi was almost always very slow.

In case all that isn’t enough to put you off Hotel Principe di Villafranca, I’ve saved my worst experience until last. Throughout the night, my room (101, remember) was plagued by a noise that sounded like someone drilling holes into the opposite side of my bedroom wall. Really loud, intermittently all evening and all through the night. I reported it, but hotel staff seemed baffled. In the end, I just had to try to sleep through it. I complained again the following morning, and the response I got was even more infuriating: I was told it was probably a water pump running in the next building, and because it was in the next building, it had nothing to do with them. Classic! You can sleep soundly, sir, in the happy knowledge that the excruciating racket in your room is not the hotel’s fault.

That rather sums the place up. Take a fundamentally bad hotel, give it some superficial stylish trappings, some provocative wall art, decide that anything beyond your control isn’t your problem, and expect happy customers. Good luck with that.

Room Tip: Avoid room 101
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Robert16
GiuliaBriguglia, Sales & Marketing Executive at Hotel Principe di Villafranca, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear Robert16,
I have read hundreds of reviews in my present role, a vast majority by guests who have enjoyed their stay, and some by guests that have not, either because of an event/circumstance which we have been able to address thanks to their review, or because of subjective tastes and expectations that were not met.
I must admit this is the first time I come face to face with such an abusive review, devoting an enormous energy just to insult this property, its staff and management, its designers and owners, featuring a long list of notes ranging from downright subjective to overtly exaggerated. Our property is a lovely and safe hotel, located in a residential street just off Palermo’s main street, a place full of grace and beauty, where many happy guests spend precious moments, together with their travel partners, their families and yes, their kids, as we are pleased to welcome many. Just as a side note, the “artist with a lurid imagination” is a woman. She trained in visual arts and performing arts (dance) at the same time, thus deciding to create a relation between the two in her artwork, where women are portrayed through their legs and feet. She has experienced solo and group exhibitions both in Italy and Europe, and the United States. She is often invited to exhibitions where feminine condition and universe are explored, thanks to her delicate ability to portray women. What can I say? It is incredible what each different person can see in a painting.
With my kindest regards,