3 people are viewing this hotel
USD 158
Hotels.comUSD 218
PricelineUSD 212
travelup.comUSD 214
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 May 2019

I stayed at the Grand Hotel Piazza Borsa while in Palermo recently for 4 nights. The room was comfortable with a single bed, a desk area and a wide screen TV with coffee and tea service Frig+ Microwave[-] The window looked out of the back of the hotel-there was no balcony. The bathroom was also comfortable with a tub and shower but there were no precautions should someone fall while in the tub, Grab bars, decals, or a mat for the tub were nonexistent. The mattress was soft but firm but after several nights my back began to ache. One thing that was a problem was the limited number of outlets in the room for charging phones, Ipads, etc more outlets would be helpful. WiFi+ The bathroom contained shower gel, shampoo etc.in small bottles and there were ample towels. There was no air conditioning and some days it would have helped. There was also a bathrobe and slippers provided. Overall, it was a comfortable stay and the staff was helpful and attentive. I would recommend and return but the outlet situation was a problem [at least in my room]

Room tip: ask for a room overlooking the water
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ianshamshey
Reviewed 13 May 2019 via mobile

Nice hotel slightly hidden but I guess everything in Palermo is to a certain degree. Anyhow nice location and steps from great shopping and cafes. Everything in the room is nicely presented!

Love the room except for the mattress however I’m traveling so two nights here I got a good sleep. My 4th floor room had three areas: the dressing/lounge areas which is where you enter however it has a table with everything you need to make tea or coffee with comfortable seating. A large bathroom and a full size bed with tv and desk. Lots of outlets in the room and the bathroom is filled with everything you need! Shower gel, shampoo, shaving kit, shower cap, hand soap, great towels, bathrobes, slippers, cosmetics mirror, heated towel rack. Listen they make sure you’re covered with all you need to be comfortable away from home. I’d stay here again despite the not so firm mattress.

Room Amenities
* Free toiletries
* Hair dryer
* Slippers
* Separate bathtub and shower
* Iron/ironing board (on request)
* Desk
* In-room safe
* Electric kettle
* Separate living room
* Blackout drapes/curtains
* Free WiFi
* Free wired Internet
* Room service (limited hours)
* Individually furnished
* Spa

There’s more however I was more interested in the location more than the amenities so checkout there website because I didn’t list it all. All pictures taken by me.

1  Thank thatnyctraveler
piazzaborsa, Direttore at Grand Hotel Piazza Borsa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2020

Thank' s for your positive opinion and for having specified the offer of our services, costantly improved for a greater satisfaction of our customers.
Looking forward to seeing you again, thank' s a lot.

Reviewed 12 May 2019 via mobile

I stayed here with a tour group. The rooms are inconsistent. My bed was completely broken down. I felt like I would fall out of bed. Our bathroom had no place to put anything. The room was spacious, and breakfast was good, but what good is it if you don't get any sleep?!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank CarolD447

Dear Guest,
we are very sorry about the inconvenience related to the bed in your room. The policy of our organization always pays close attentionto the sleep of our guests, offering very spacious and comfortable beds and bathrooms.
We would be happy to see again in our hotel in order to offer you the maximum confort.

Reviewed 1 May 2019 via mobile

I had booked a mid-level hotel and this turned out to be much grander than I had imagined. Great staff, wonderful lobby, comfortable room. The breakfast is quite nice and varied.

The hotel has a look of grandeur and plushness. It is close to all the sights and to the train station. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank fauziat

Dear Guest,
we are very pleased to have surprised you. It is easy to be surprised when you get to know the Grand Hotel Piazza Borsa for first time, unique for its history and charm. Thanks also for appreciating our services.
We wish see you again.

Reviewed 11 April 2019

This hotel was booked by our "luxury" tour operator, so we did not choose it ourselves. I agree with the poor reviews, especially about the front desk staff rudeness and poor quality food. There is just no excuse for this in Italy in 2019. Although the building is convenient and the lobby attractive, it is downhill once you check in. Our small group of ladies stayed 3 nights - each with single rooms. We were polite and flexible. But we deserved better interaction from the front desk when we asked a simple question in English- like how to get an outside line to call our airline on a toll free number! (Desk would not help connect us to an outside line even though there was a lobby phone nearby, and our room phones would not connect.) Hotel NEEDS a good concierge who speaks English!! Our dinner in the hotel was completely inedible. Avoid at all costs. Wish they could provide some fresh fruit at breakfast- could be found only steps away at the local market. Thankfully we found some lovely restaurants nearby, who were very gracious: Like GUSTO (wonderful) and BUATTA (lunch and dinner.) Room was adequate, at best.

Date of stay: April 2019