All reviewsretractable roofstock exchangewithin walking distancefitness centersan francescoinner courtyardlovely hotellarge hotelour room was spacioustour groupbreakfast buffet isgreat positionhistoric palermobeautiful buildingfour star hotelmain sitesloved this hotel
Reviewed 10 February 2016

We visited in August 2015, probably the hottest time of the year, however the air
conditioning worked great. The location of this hotel is within walking distance of most major attraction, centrally located and easy to find. The staff was very accommodating,
always available for directions and any questions. The Beds were comfortable and had a great shower with lots of hot water. The Buffet breakfast was delicious and no extra charges for capuchinos or espressos, great breads, fresh cheese, make your own canollis, wines, juices, cold cuts, eggs any style, the best breakfasts that we had in our 3 weeks traveling through Sicily. We want to go back next year!
Also, they have a gym and spa with a massage therapist at reasonable prices, highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Turtledove8
Reviewed 17 January 2016

We stayed here for two nights on our trip around Sicily. The hotel is in a former bank or stock exchange and feels a bit strange when you enter. the entrance is to the side of the building and there is a large open area in the centre, with the reception off to the side. Getting to the rooms requires navigating long corridors, but the rooms are very nice, ours was overlooking a courtyard with a church and some restaurants. It was nice to sit on the balcony watching people pass by.
The hotel is short walk from the main street of Palermo and just across the road from a warren of back-street bars that open up at night.
Staff are friendly and parked our rental car for us for a nightly charge (I don't know where!). One down side was that there was no satellite tv, only digital which had terrible reception for any non-local channels

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2016

Huge hotel in a great Palermo location. We were there for two nights. I cannot say enough about the staff. My iPhone had a nervous breakdown and they spent hours with me as I struggled with Apple and monopolized their guest computer in order to solve the problem. I thought the breakfast was very good, I wish I had more time there. Easy walking to almost anything you want to do in Palermo!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laura H
Reviewed 2 January 2016

The hotel is situated in an ancient building, a bank dating back to about 1860.
Some areas have been preserved, it is worth visiting the vaults on the ground floor adjacent to the bar area, the original bank's safe deposit boxes and doors are still there.
Rooms are comfortable although beds would need to be revamped, and corridors are extremely large, unusual for a modern hotel but clearly showing the origin of the building.
Breakfast however is a problem: not only the quality of food is rather poor, very strange for a city where you can easily find a lot of fresh food, but also waiters don't wait: they prefer to chat among them, I had to move from my table, walk through the adjacent room and ask a waiter to bring a coffee, which he eventually did with a certain delay.
Hotel staff in general gives the impression of a lack of professional experience although they seem to try to accommodate guests.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are to be preferred
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank giorgiod486
Reviewed 11 December 2015

This hotel has old school elegance. Big atrium in the center, good restaurant, and located close to the main sights. Staff are friendly and helpful (and patient dealing with people who are lost). But there are problems. Good luck if you are driving. The hotel is located in a small back alley my Garmin GPS could not find even though I updated its maps before our trip. We could not have found the hotel without a working phone. Eventually the hotel had to give me an address of a restaurant nearby then send someone from the hotel to guide us from there. The joys of driving in Palermo capped this adventure. Palermo surely ranks among the worst traffic cities in the world. The room was nice but the air conditioner did not work. It was a cold time of year so we opened the window but soon were plagued by mosquitos.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple