“Unbelievable!”

Antica Badia fuoriporta
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Antica Badia fuoriporta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 737 Restaurants in Messina
Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

My Husbamd and I were on a cruise and after a couple meals at “tourist-like” restaurants we decided to go off the beaten path and find mom and pops. We came across Antica Badia and decided to give it a try. It wasn’t busy which made my Husbamd want to go somewhere else but I insisted we stay. From the moment we walked in to the end we were blown away! By far the best Italian meal I have had, besides my Gramdmas, at a restaurant ever!! We felt like family and could really feel the love and traditions they wanted to portray! The owner and her chef are magical! They do have an “English” version of the menu but we still didn’t know exactly what we ordered.....show these pictures to them and you won’t be disappointed! My mouth waters thinking about it! The cannoli is out of this world and is pictured....almost “deconstructed” like. I can’t wait to visit again!!

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Wandered away from the touristy area and found this gem. The host was very welcoming and accommodating. She recommended some dishes which we all got. All the food was amazing and the cannoli dessert is not to be missed. House red wine went perfectly with the meal. Great atmosphere with lots of art on the walls. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

This restaurant was recommended by our B&B. It is a family owned restaurant and the owner's son, Bruno, spoke English. The food was very good and the desert was even better. We would recommend this restaurant highly.

Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

This is one of the great places to eat in Sicily, seriously! Food was amazing and we were really lucky to eat here as a first meal. This is a family run restaurant and they are really friendly and passionate with what they do. You can say what you would like to eat and they will find you the best plate(s) for you. Decoration is also cozy and enjoyable. I hope to come back soon. Bravo

Reviewed 2 June 2016

We were told about the Antica Badia by a local and are very pleased we took his advice to spend an evening there. The food was excellent - freshly prepared with local ingredients - the portions were generous and beautifully presented and the prices were very reasonable. We particularly enjoyed the starters and the desserts, being ever so slightly different to the normal trattoria fare without being overly elaborate or fancy.
The service was friendly and efficient and the atmosphere warm and welcoming. It would be advisable to book a table, especially at weekends.
Highly recomended.