“Poor communication leads to poor experience”
Review of Amici Miei

Amici Miei
Ranked #8 of 741 Restaurants in Messina
Price range: USD 28 - USD 63
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2016

We ate at this restaurant when staying overnight on route to hotel in southern Sicily. Staff don't speak english - owner was a little better. Poor communication lead to a poor choice of food for one of us. Food was OK - seemed to be the only resurant that menu items in english. Only customers at 8pm - did not add to the ambiance :(.

1  Thank Ray_Perth_Aus

Reviewed 7 November 2015

We were a party of 7 without reservations for lunch. We were taken care of as soon as we walked in. Wine was in our glasses before we saw a menu. Fresh seafood delicious dishes kept coming! Linguini with clam sauce was prepared at our table by the owner. Staff was warm and friendly and despite language barrier they took care of all our needs, including a Tiramisu birthday cake . Monica was a great waitress and both owners treated us like family. Bill was very reasonable for a 5 course meal with great wine and service !!

Reviewed 11 August 2015

On a 4 day trip to Messina I had lunch twice at Amici Miei, the second time because the first time was so enjoyable. I was there with parties of 4 and 6, respectively, and everyone thought both the food, especially the fish, and service were excellent. I will certainly return on my next trip to Messina.

Reviewed 20 June 2015 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by my B&B host for dinner. We didn't have reservations but were seated without hesitation. The waitress spoke no English, which is fine, but she refused to wait on us and referred us to the owner. The owner came over and spoke Italian nonstop even though I don't speak it. I saw people in the restaurant laughing and I found myself hoping he wasn't making fun of us. Nevertheless we managed to order. All in all I found the place very pretentious and stuffy. We actually thought about leaving at this point. We were stared at and made to feel very uncomfortable. Then the food came. It was nothing short of amazing! Ended up having an awesome dinner. Very delicious well prepared dinner. I'm not sure if I would return based on the overall experience but I have to say the food was incredible

Reviewed 12 June 2015

Great small restaurant with superb service from owner and staff. Fish lovers paradise.. we went with some Italian friends who frequent often so that says something! We left choice of local wine to the owner and it was superb. Four of us shared aperitivi and then a primo of swordfish and tonno.. followed by the chefs own version of cannoli with pistachios. The owners party piece seems to be cooking some dishes at your table with a lot of flourish ! Great evening.