“Best seafood in Messina!”

La Cambusa del Vicolo
Ranked #72 of 760 Restaurants in Messina
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 January 2018

We rented a car and drove to this location after driving around the area. I had read about a particular restaurant, but it was closed for the day. So, we wandered around and found La Cambusa del Vicola. Our desire was to order the mussels which we did plus an entrée. We were amazed when the mussels arrived - must have been 4 dozen per order and we only paid 6 euro per order! We were so pleasantly full after eating the mussels that we didn't have room for the delicious entrees.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 16 November 2017

Four of us were staying in Ganzirri and decided to try this place out based on outdoor seating and view of the lake. We were the first customers in the place but it took them upwards of 10 minutes to bring menus and ask what we'd like to drink which was not a great way to start (even for Italy which isn't know for superb service). We ordered house wine (good value and ok wine), two pomodoro pastas (just ok flavor wise), swordfish (good not great) and mussels marinara (best of the meals). With cover and a bottle of water we were out the door for 64 Euro. Ok but the place next door Ristorante ai 2 Laghi is owned by the same person was much better food and service.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I will start with saying that the food is ok BUT the service not as good.
Particularly dissapointed by the head waiter that should retire if not up to it. I ordered Linguine Allastice, I had a vague memory of it being serviced with the fish Astice instead he didn't bother to explain the possibility and I just had Linguine with Astice sauce. And I must add the linguine were not cooked sufficiently. They were still hard. I'm sorry to say this but I doubt I shall return.If I go to eat out I want satisfaction and I want to be pampered
I think we want value for our money these days. Just having fresh food isn't sufficient.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Locale tipico Messinese, cibo e servizio nella media, nulla di particolare, ieri nella pasta con i ricci abbiamo trovato dei pezzetti di plastica, non abbiamo detto nulla al cameriere perchè si sarebbero giustificati come consuetudine messinese. Prezzi medio alti rispetto all'offerta.

Local typical Messinese, food and service in the average, nothing of detail, yesterday in the pasta with the curls we have found some plastic bits, we have not told anything the waiter because you/they would be justified as custom messinese. Prices I mediate tall in comparison to the offer.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 20 September 2016

Visited Messina only for a day and decided to take 1hr long bus from the city centre to go to Lake Ganzirri. We went around the lake trying to look for a reasonable restaurant and finally came across this pleasant restaurant. I took the Linguini ai frutti di mare and couldn't make a better choice! The service was quick and the plate was full (unlike other restaurants)! Loved every little bit of it!

Date of visit: September 2016