“Amazing Italian meal ”
Review of Corte dei Biscari

Corte dei Biscari
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Corte dei Biscari is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 1,165 Restaurants in Catania
Price range: USD 23 - USD 91
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Just visited this evening on the recommendation of the hotel receptionist. I checked the trip advisor reviews and booked online and got an extra 20% off. That was a first for me. When we arrived I must confess I was slightly worried as the restaurant is situated on the corner of a main road. We were also the first people there and so it felt a little noisy and chilly. However how wrong I was. My husband always says the best food isn’t in fancy restaurants and he was right.

I had made a special request for a romantic meal, it being a child free holiday. The restaurant had reserved us a corner table and decorated it with rose petals. We then had the most amazing seafood meal and cheesecake that was as light as a feather. The waiters were very attentive even when the restaurant got busy after 8 om

I could not fault the meal in anyway, beautifully presented and so tasty. I was also shocked at what it cost- so reasonable for what it was.

Definitely worth a try if you like seafood. There may have been an alternative menu but we didn’t see that.

1  Thank Rita G

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

The best service we've came upon in Sicily.Fish was so fresh,it's as if you taste this kind of fish for the first time/so differently it tasted in other places that do not offer it so fresh/.We never asked for the 20% discount promised by The Fork/we reserved the table eith them/.They just silently applied it.Great restaurant,really!

Lorena G, Proprietario at Corte dei Biscari, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

infinitely thank you...
staff corte dei Biscari

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is within a very short walk from the inner sanctum of historic Catania. Is just below one of the most charming palaces not far from the port. The sea food is fresh...unless stated. The quality of the food and service is well suited to the name of " court". I had delicious terrines of aubergines and sea food as starter: perfectly balanced flavours. As a main had delicious sea food fritters which were well presented and flavoursome. The wine list is excellent too and reasonably priced. I cannot comment on meat dishes as I only eat vegetarian or sea food, however I found that the quality and freshness of the food rather superb...all coupled with charming, professional service and beautiful settings. The best meal I had in Catania.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

My husband had the Linquine con Tonno and I had the Seafood ravioli. I'd never had such delicious ravioli in my life. And no cheese! I was delighted as I don't eat cheese and yet I was presented with a delectable experience. The service was crisp but friendly. We got lost finding it and the maitre d' stood outside waving to us as we talked on the cell guiding us to the restaurant. It was an unexpectedly elegant meal.

2  Thank Gyurme1
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We ate a lovely meal her for my Birthday - the food was excellent and the service very prompt and attentive. I had Swordfish Croquettes and my friend had the Sesame and Almond Tuna and we shared some grilled vegetables. There was complimentary brushetta with eggplant and zuchinni as well as delicious breads - the serves were generous and so we couldn't fit in additional courses or desert.