“Fantastic pistaccio”

Gelateria Zio Pietro dal 1964
Ranked #10 of 84 Dessert in Catania
Reviewed 2 September 2017

With salty pistaccio pieces on the edges, this is one of the best I have ever tasted in my prolific gelato tasting career. Texture of the gelato base was also very good. The neighborhood is not the best, but it is worth venturing here for the gelato.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

As an ice cream and gelato nerd I have tried a lot of places in Catania and this is simply the best. Taste is just right and not crazy intense - perfect balance between flavour and sweetness in my opinion.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We tried the Gelato and granita both where amazing. Alsi the place is full of locals so that means a lot.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Pleasant spot for a nice Catanian breakfast. Eat the granite quickly though, or the briosce will go soggy. A better alternative might be to have the granite in a copa.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Has a large selection but the 4 varieties we tried tasted worse than even average gelato! I have eaten at hundreds of gelaterias all over Italy (my favorite place to visit) and this gelateria is a total tourist trap. Unfortunately (: It had a good rating and that's why I visited it...so disappointed!