“Good lunch spot”

Ranked #91 of 1,214 Restaurants in Catania
Price range: USD 9 - USD 17
Cuisines: European, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are open!
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I wouldn’t exactly call this a restaurant. It feels more like a Delhi and a very popular lunch time location for Italians.
My partner and I ventured here for lunch. He ordered a calamari starter which he want very impressed with. It wasn’t very fresh. That being said the main dishes were lovely. I ordered pesto gnocchi and my partner a carbonara accompanied with garlic bread. These were delicious and freshly prepared. The waiter was keen to impress us and ensured we were happy and comfortable. It was very reasonable and pretty decent. I don’t think it would be a great night time restaurant meal but definitely worth visiting if you are close by at lunch time.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Great place for good quality, affordable food. Visited for lunch when it was extremely busy, and also in the evening when more relaxed. Great pasta and pizzas

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Very friendly staff and delicious pizza's for a good/cheap price. We were with 3 people and visited the restaurant for the first time.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

It was a real delight to the palate. I had a delicious roast with chips and salad. The burger together with sausages, and chicken rolls were fresh and perfectly cooked (I'd asked it to be served medium and so it was). They all tasted great!
My mates and I couldn't get enough of it so, as the portions were pretty generous to try everything, we decided to go again the day. Someone had pizza and someone else gnocchi or tortellini. Nobody, literally no one among my mates, complained about anything. Everyone was delighted about the food. As if this isn't already enough, the area is very nice and central (literally not even 5 mins away from the seafront) and the staff made us feel very welcome. The service was reasonably quick (not too quick as I'd get a bit skeptical, not too slow to make us willing to leave and go somewhere else). As the owner and the staff were all locals, they also gave us some nice recommendations about pubs and venues to visit. Last but not least, the local red wine has to be tried. Absolutely recommended!

1  Thank Fabrizio M
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Another cheap eats success!! Lovely food with great service and at a decent price. Highly recommend going and sampling the food. Full of locals eating lunch.