“Classy restaurant”

Etnea Roof Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with
Etnea Roof Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 1,184 Restaurants in Catania
Price range: USD 41 - USD 71
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The ETNEA ROOF, an "a la carte" restaurant, is on the 7th floor offers guests a unique view of Mount Etna and the city rooftops, serving Sicilian specialities and fresh fish as well as a wide selection of wines from our cellars to enjoy with your meal. From here you can enjoy a unique and spectacular view of the roofs of the city as well as the outline of Mount Etna to the north and a glimpse of the sea to the south.
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

We went there for my birthday. It is a very classy and refined restaurant if you are looking to make a good impression. The food was exquisite. It was at night and it was a bit cold, so we did not get the chance to sit on the terrace and enjoy the city or volcano view. The staff were really friendly and knowledgeable. I highly recommend to try this place on special occasions.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

The location was great. The view was fine.
The happiest time, as we were to dine
Was Anotella, our hostess, devine
Whose wit and wisdom
And knowledge of wine
Provided us, with an evening sublime!!
Thank you Anotella. Next time I will remember not to ask for a cappuccino after dark!!

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

We visited for the views and had lunch. Very friendly staff, prompt service. We had a 20% off voucher which came in handy. Had a tasty pasta ‘Norma’ and Mary had the Mt Etna pear risotto.

UNAHotelPalace, Guest Relations Manager at Etnea Roof Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear Madame,

thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your excellent experience at Etnea Roof Restaurant and sharing your lovely stay experience on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read that you appreciated the cuisine, the dishes' quality and the service in our panoramic restaurant and we hope your next visit will be as plesant and delicious as this recent one.

Until that time, we wish all the best and we stay at your disposal for any additional info or assistance you may need.

Warmest regards,

Rita Monfrini

Guest Relation
UNA Hotel Palace

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

In the very modern Luna Hotel there is a restaurant and bar on the roof called Etnea.
Walk in to the bar and find Alice in Wonderland-like furniture with these rotationally molded plastic chairs that are whimsical but aren't particularly comfortable; to regular lounge seating, and then a lovely little dining-room. The ceiling is draped in muslin to feel like you're inside a tent, with glass walls around to be able to see everything and everywhere, and access to an outdoor terrace, weather permitting. The bartender was professional. They had a menu of specialty drinks for the house and little snacks in the bar. They obviously remembered every hotel guest who came there because people came in behind us and he had whatever they were drinking the night before pretty much ready for them. We did not eat there others did but we did hear that people thought it was really a lovely place to go to and we were happy that we went up and watch the sunset one evening while we were there.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We used this bar whilst staying at the hotel. On a Friday evening there is a cover charge to use the bar as a good selection of food is laid out for people to help themeselves I knew when I saw the food I wouldn’t be eating anything as it wasn’t to my taste , but hey if there’s a charge I’ll pay it. When I came to settle my bill the manager had noticed I hadn’t taken advantage of the food and didn’t charge me which I thought was very kind and good customer service . Also a lovely view