In July 2017 during the summer holiday spent by my wife, I had an unhappy experience in this hotel. From the safe in the room we have been sitting for 3 days as we miss a women's watch and the glasses.
Observing their disappearance, I saw the reception for the disappearance of these goods.
That same day he told us that the manager should be expected until morning.
From here, there is a totally inappropriate episode of the place and the pretensions we are in: the attitude of the mangeer from the very beginning was a very aggressive verbal, not telling us to finally explain what was happening. He refused to accept that we were missing something and went into intimidation like: do not allow me to accuse my employees for lack of my own stuff, call the police to complain and give you out of the hotel in second second. This was due to the full payment of the entire stay - 9 nights and the reservation made a year before.
I mention that on the arrival of the carabinieri d manager he was even more aggressive - considering that he knew them and was on his own home in the country of origin.
After a while of talking and with carabinieri we asked to calm down, in the idea that I could not leave the hotel because the wife is in the first months of pregnancy.
We did not disturb the theft of our own things as it shocked us the attitude that we had of the kind of manager who should still respect the clients. Even allowed it to make an irony about the value of the 150 E watch: "if it was a Rolex I understood the complaint" !!!
The outcome was a "happy one" - in that we managed to convince her not to take us out of the hotel, but to stay until the end of the paid period and the next day that they left our watch disappeared in the medicine kit.
After this negative experience, I realized that there were also "miracles" from the manager, this after a simple complaint of a missing object in the safe of a hotel chain!
If I were an American citizen or a British citizen, I was allowed to manage this whole circus?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The modern Doubletree Hilton offers a free swimming pool, free Wi-Fi access and a beautiful view on the Sardinian coast. Olbia's historic centre is just a 10-minute walk away.Hilton Doubletree's air-conditioned rooms all have an LCD HD TV with Sky channels and free tea and coffee-making facilities. Most have a furnished balcony overlooking the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Hotelopia and Cancelon so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Olbia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Olbia Hotel Olbia
- Doubletree By Hilton Olbia Sardinia