“"Vacation " 2017 double tree by hilton olbia”

Doubletree by Hilton Olbia
Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in Olbia
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

In July 2017 during the summer holiday spent by my wife, I had an unhappy experience in this hotel. From the safe in the room we have been sitting for 3 days as we miss a women's watch and the glasses.
Observing their disappearance, I saw the reception for the disappearance of these goods.
That same day he told us that the manager should be expected until morning.
From here, there is a totally inappropriate episode of the place and the pretensions we are in: the attitude of the mangeer from the very beginning was a very aggressive verbal, not telling us to finally explain what was happening. He refused to accept that we were missing something and went into intimidation like: do not allow me to accuse my employees for lack of my own stuff, call the police to complain and give you out of the hotel in second second. This was due to the full payment of the entire stay - 9 nights and the reservation made a year before.
I mention that on the arrival of the carabinieri d manager he was even more aggressive - considering that he knew them and was on his own home in the country of origin.
After a while of talking and with carabinieri we asked to calm down, in the idea that I could not leave the hotel because the wife is in the first months of pregnancy.
We did not disturb the theft of our own things as it shocked us the attitude that we had of the kind of manager who should still respect the clients. Even allowed it to make an irony about the value of the 150 E watch: "if it was a Rolex I understood the complaint" !!!
The outcome was a "happy one" - in that we managed to convince her not to take us out of the hotel, but to stay until the end of the paid period and the next day that they left our watch disappeared in the medicine kit.
After this negative experience, I realized that there were also "miracles" from the manager, this after a simple complaint of a missing object in the safe of a hotel chain!
If I were an American citizen or a British citizen, I was allowed to manage this whole circus?

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank costinrogojina
DoubletreeHiltonOlb, Direttore at Doubletree by Hilton Olbia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear guest,
after all what happened and after our kindness in letting you staying in our hotel no matter what, it is kind of weird to read this comment.
So I will reply saying what happened in details as I want anybody reading this to be acquainted of it.
Since your check in date, you were creating issues for no reason, complaining all the time for no reason, trying to get upgrades and other extras for free. But it’s a part of our daily routine to deal with this kind of situations.
What is not within our daily routine, is what happened on the 29th of June. You went down to the reception late on that evening, yelling that you were missing a Fossil watch from your safety box.
First question our front agent asked you was “ Did you find your safety opened or broken somehow ?” you replied “ no, it was closed with my code”.
Meaning that your safety was set up by you with a personal code that only you and your wife knew.
Meaning no one could open it besides you.
No matter this, you directly accused our personal to have stolen the watch. You started to loudly complain and asking to talk to the manager immediately.
On Friday morning, the 30th of June, I have checked out our software who manage all the room access.
Besides the housekeeping at 10.14 am, you and your wife were the only one accessing the room, back and forth. You were waiting for me and I greeted you immediately, asking you to come into my office and to explain to me what happened. I let you talk and I replied showing you all your room access during that day in order to see the evidence of it. At the same time I told you it was not possible to open the safety without knowing the code. So even in the remote case of such a situation, how could have been possible ?
I have also explained to you that according to the local law, we are not responsible of any in room, in room safety loss. It’s also clearly stated on a sticker in front of the safety box door. Besides that we were not responsible, I have offered to you our help in order to indicate you the local police office to do a declaration of loss. And also, because you did not speak English well (not even understand it well) I called one of our maids who is from Romania like you in order to translate every single word.
You replied to me with your smartphone in your hand, with an intimidating and aggressive attitude that you were registering the conversation and you said “ if you don’t find a way to compensate me, I will post a comment on TripAdvisor, on booking.com, on Facebook, everywhere. I will write that in your hotel guests are robbed”.
I replied to you that I was not going to allow you to threaten me or my team for things we were not responsible and I called the police as you were very intimidating talking to me. That’s why I have also told you that you had to check out, that we would have reimburse all the rest of your staying (you were supposed to stay until the 9th of July) as we did not want anybody in our hotel threating us, intimidating us and accusing us for no reason. You completely change your attitude as soon as the police man arrived in the hotel when he asked you a copy of your documents and when you saw that I was not joking when I said I would have called them.
We went together in the room, we checked the safety box, we took picture of it and there was no sign of break – in. The police man asked you to go to their office to do the declaration and you said you did not want to. Which is kind of weird. If someone really think that was robbed, why he doesn’t want to go to the police ? You begged to stay in the hotel, to forget everything, that it was a mistake and you were very sorry about that. But still, you did not want to make any declaration to the police. At the end, I decided to keep you in the hotel no matter it was clear to see you made up all the story just because you were trying to get a discount somehow. The police man insisted so many times you had to go the police office and again, you said you did not want to do any declaration. It’s also funny to read now that you found your Fossil watch the day after. Why you did not tell anything that you found it ? You had 8 days to come in our property but you did not say a word about it. It’s clear to see you made up a lot of lies in order to try to obtain something for free. And because you did not obtain it, you are trying to defame us. We will keep the right to legally proceed against you and I am sorry I did not that day.

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Olbia

Reviewed 9 July 2017

One thing I don't understand about other reviews is the amount of guests who say the location isn't good - it's perfect! It takes a maximum of 15 minutes to walk into the town - the pavements are good and well lit all the way.

The staff were very friendly and efficient on arrival - the warm cookie they give you on checking in is delicious :)

The rooms are good - we had room 604 and although slightly disappointed not to have a separate bath and shower as advertised on the website for a luxury room (the bath is quite high to step into) it was a very comfortable room.

Breakfast was excellent, everything you would want - although coffee machine not brilliant.

The pool is the best we've ever had on trips to Sardinia, poolside towels are supplied for guests

We caught the bus from the airport to the hotel (number 2) which cost 1 euro - on our return to the airport we booked a taxi from the hotel which cost 18 euro

The number 4 bus - 5 minutes walk up the road by the bar/mini market, takes you to the local beaches

A large supermarket is a 10-15 minute walk away from the hotel

A great hotel, great location and we're going back again next year

Room Tip: Room 604 didn't have the best view - to have a view over the pool you'd need to be on the ot...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jacqueline E
DoubletreeHiltonOlb, Direttore at Doubletree by Hilton Olbia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear guest,
thanks a lot for your review!! We are so happy about your description of our location as we do think it's not bad too! We are on a strategic position as you perfectly explained.

Hopefully your comment will be of some help for the other guests :)
we looking forward to see you next year!!
Many many thanks :)

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

I had the pleasure of of staying at this hotel and enjoying the great service and drinks at the Flamingo Bar. Sorry, I will misspell the names, but Sergio and Caterina were excellent. Not only were their cocktails exceptionally made but their smiles, professionalism, and polite conversation was something my wife and I enjoyed each day of our trip. We found ourselves looking forward to chatting with them towards the end of the day when we returned from a night on the town or the beaches. They both make an excellent Mojito and capirina and used premium ingredients. Thank you both for the pleasant conversation, many laughs, and freely given smiles. Caterina, we look forward to seeing you again next year. Also, Pietro sometimes pulled double duty and seemed to be everywhere whenever you needed something. Thank you Pietro. Great job of hiring these fine employees Doubletree. Enjoyed it!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
DoubletreeHiltonOlb, Direttore at Doubletree by Hilton Olbia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Dear guest,
this is one of our best rewarding review we have ever read!
I'm very proud of my team and when I read such a review I feel overwhelmed with happiness!
Thank you very much from the bottom of our heart! Piero, Caterina and Sergio are very happy to read this and we all looking forward to have you back !!
with our very kindest regards

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed for 5 nights and unfortunately was quite disappointed with this hotel. I expected a lot more from a Doubletree hotel. The rooms and facilities are quite basic, and the restaurant choice is limited and expensive. The pool area is nice but there aren't enough beds for the size of the hotel.
The most negative aspect was the location - there is NOTHING around this hotel or within walking distance. You need a car to get anywhere (which is the case in Sardinia in general so I guess most people will have).
The staff were good and the hotel was clean.
I got a good rate so can't complain too much, but would look for a better location next time.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank ladolcevita89
DoubletreeHiltonOlb, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Olbia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear guest, thanks a lot for your review.
However, it is very difficult to take it as an improvement suggestion.
We don't really understand what you exactly mean by "basic" about our facilities and rooms. Our hotel is located in a strategic position. Just 6 km from the airport, 1 km from the port, 10 minutes walking (1 km) from the historic center of the city, 8 minutes from an ATM, a grocery store, a Pizzeria, the Fausto Noce park, Via Aldo Moro (one of the main street of the city) and so on.
Is the perfect solution for all those who wish to be enchanted by the beauty of one of the most beautiful islands in the Mediterranean Sea as if you rent a car, we also offer the free parking space.
It offers 2 free outdoor pools and Jacuzzi, a panoramic view enjoyable from its eight floors, a gym open 24 hours on 2 and free WiFi throughout the hotel.

Each room includes a HD LCD TV with HD channels and some international channels, free tea and coffee making facility, work desk, a Sweet Dreams Experience Mattress, soundproof walls, white marble bathrooms, safety box and minibar.

The property consists of 124 rooms, including 22 standard, (6 of which are accessible) 89 deluxe with balcony, 12 suites (with a queen bedroom and a living room with a queen sofa bed) and 1 Presidential Suite, unique in its genre.
The Tilibbas Restaurant serves classic Italian cuisine in the main dining room or at the poolside. Breakfast is served à la carte or buffet, and the Flamingos Bar is the perfect place to enjoy a drink or an aperitif.
Please, see the a la carte menu below (I'm not mentioning kids menu, half board menu of 25 euro per person, tasy from the sea & from the land menu at 35 euro per person, beverage included):

Smoked fish cuts on a fennel and orange salad € 18.00
Mussels stew with tomatoes and thyme bruschetta € 14.00
Octopus salad with potatoes, celery, tomatoes and olives € 14.00
Cauliflowers soup with prawns tale and rosemary croutons € 14.00
Beef carpaccio with mustard, capers, rocket salad and slices of parmesan cheese € 12.00
“Burratina d’Andria” cheese on aubergines and cherry tomatoes with pesto sauce € 10.00
Mix of cheese and cured meats with honey and sweet paprika mustard € 10.00

• Tagliatelle gamberi e asparagi
Tagliatelle with prawns and asparagus € 14.00
• Culurgiones in salsa di bottarga di Cabras
Culurgiones with “Cabras” salted mullet roe sauce € 14.00
• Chiusoni al ragù di manzo e funghi
Chiusoni with beef ragout and mushrooms € 12.00
• Orecchiette broccoli e guanciale
Orecchiette with broccoli and pork cheek € 12.00
• Minestrone di verdure al profumo di basilico
Vegetables soup with fresh basil € 8.00
• Ravioli di ricotta pomodoro e basilico
Ricotta cheese parcels with tomato and basil sauce € 10.00
Secondi / Main courses

• La nostra frittura di mare (calamari, gamberi, scampi) e verdurine pastellate
Fried squids, prawns, scampi with battered vegetables € 18.00
• Tonno scottato su caponatina di verdure
Tuna fish with stewed vegetables € 18.00
• Filetto di orata con vellutata di finocchio e indivia caramellata
Gilthead seabream filet with fennel cream and caramelized endive € 16.00
• Spigola ai ferri su rucola e pomodorini e riduzione al balsamico
Grilled sea bass on rocket salad and cherry tomatoes and balsamic vinegar
sauce € 18.00
• Pesce del giorno(300/350 gr.)
Fresh fish of the day € 18.00
• Filetto di manzo su patata candita e demi-glace
Fillet of beef with herbs potatoes and demi-glace sauce € 20.00
• Costata di manzo ai ferri con patate al forno e misticanza
Grilled sirloin steak with baked potatoes and mixed salad € 20.00
• Tagliata di entrecote su funghi misti e insalatina croccante
Sliced steak with mixed mushrooms and salad € 18.00
• Costoletta di maiale alla milanese e patatine fritte
Breaded pork chops and French fries € 12.00

• Patatine fritte
French fries € 5.00

Le insalate / Salads

Insalata Italiana / Italian salad
(insalata verde, radicchio rosso, cipolla di Tropea, pomodori, uovo sodo, prosciutto cotto, fontina)
(green salad, red chicory, red onion, tomatoes, hard-boiled egg, ham, fontina cheese)
Insalata Greca / Greek salad
(insalata verde, cetrioli, cipolle di Tropea, pomodori, peperoni piccanti, olive, feta greca, origano)
(green salad, cucumber, red onion, tomatoes, hot peppers, olives, Greek feta, oregano)
Insalata Delizia / Delight salad
(insalata verde, rucola, pomodori, mozzarella, olive, origano, noci)
(green salad, rocket salad, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, olives, oregano, nuts)
Insalata Affumicata /Smoked Salad
(insalata verde, salmone affumicato, finocchi, lime)
(green salad, smoked salmon, fennel, lime)
€ 10.00
Insalata Etnica / Ethnic Salad
(insalata verde, rucola, pomodori, tonno, olive, pecorino, crostini di pane)
(green salad, rocket salad, tomatoes, tuna, olives, Pecorino cheese, croutons)
€10.00

Insalata caprese con prosciutto crudo / Caprese salad with row ham
(mozzarella, pomodori, prosciutto crudo)
(mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, raw ham)
€ 14.00
Insalata di tonno / tuna salad
(Misticanza di tonno, pomodorini, olive e mozzarella)
(Tuna, tomatoes, olives and mozzarella cheese salad)
€ 12.00

Dessert tutto €uro 8.00

Classico tiramisù in griglia di cioccolato
Classic Tiramisù with chocolate “ “
Cheesecake ai lamponi
Raspberry cheesecake “ “
Semifreddo al gianduia e granella di nocciole in salsa al caramello
Hazelnut chocolate parfait with hazelnuts and caramel sauce “ “
Seadas al miele
Honey seadas “ “
Tagliata di frutta
Fruit salad € 6.00

Reviewed 29 June 2017

My husband and I booked a last minute holiday package and was pleasantly surprised by our stay at Doubletree by Hilton in Olbia. The hotel was very clean, rooms very comfortable and pool area great. We would also like to mention the maid service was excellent and our room was nicely cleaned each day with re-filled complimentary toiletries. Thank you! We picked this hotel as a base while exploring towns and beaches around the Esmeralda region. As mentioned in previous reviews the hotel is not in the centre of town, but to be honest the walk into old town of Olbia is about 10 minutes walk and a piece of cake for us. Both the staff and restaurant were very helpful, welcoming and we really enjoyed the breakfast with plenty of choices to choose from. The only comment I might add is that if you are an early riser like us, you might have a wider selection to choose from at the breakfast buffet and less crowded. I would also recommend to order fresh coffee instead of the coffee made from the machine. We initially tried to use public transportation to get us to various beaches and towns and that seemed to work fine as long as you know the time schedule in advance. However after two days of exploring this region, we quickly decided to hire a care instead as it gave us more freedom and options. There is so much to see and experience!!!!!! For those of you who wish to only rely on public transportation it was working fine during our stay, but might not give you access to more remote areas should you wish to get away from the busy touristic crowds. We were also pleasantly surprised there was an excursion company present in the lobby who also offered a car hire option with a fairly decent rate. Great option for us and service! In overall we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again at this hotel. Thank you!

Room Tip: Our room was 402 and perfectly nice without a balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nnaess
DoubletreeHiltonOlb, Direttore at Doubletree by Hilton Olbia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Dear guest,
I want to thank you so much for this AMAZING review! I would also say that you might help us in writing the perfect description of our location :-) thank you, thank you, thank you!!
We are always trying to explain to our guests that 10 minutes walking from the city center (1 km) it's not such a big deal! Especially if you walk all along the sea :)
We really hope to have you back in our hotel !
Enjoy the rest of your summer and see you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Olbia
2.7 km away
1.6 km away
Mercure Olbia
Mercure Olbia
#11 of 40 in Olbia

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Olbia? Share your experiences!