My husband and I booked a last minute holiday package and was pleasantly surprised by our stay at Doubletree by Hilton in Olbia. The hotel was very clean, rooms very comfortable and pool area great. We would also like to mention the maid service was excellent and our room was nicely cleaned each day with re-filled complimentary toiletries. Thank you! We picked this hotel as a base while exploring towns and beaches around the Esmeralda region. As mentioned in previous reviews the hotel is not in the centre of town, but to be honest the walk into old town of Olbia is about 10 minutes walk and a piece of cake for us. Both the staff and restaurant were very helpful, welcoming and we really enjoyed the breakfast with plenty of choices to choose from. The only comment I might add is that if you are an early riser like us, you might have a wider selection to choose from at the breakfast buffet and less crowded. I would also recommend to order fresh coffee instead of the coffee made from the machine. We initially tried to use public transportation to get us to various beaches and towns and that seemed to work fine as long as you know the time schedule in advance. However after two days of exploring this region, we quickly decided to hire a care instead as it gave us more freedom and options. There is so much to see and experience!!!!!! For those of you who wish to only rely on public transportation it was working fine during our stay, but might not give you access to more remote areas should you wish to get away from the busy touristic crowds. We were also pleasantly surprised there was an excursion company present in the lobby who also offered a car hire option with a fairly decent rate. Great option for us and service! In overall we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again at this hotel. Thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The modern Doubletree Hilton offers a free swimming pool, free Wi-Fi access and a beautiful view on the Sardinian coast. Olbia's historic centre is just a 10-minute walk away.Hilton Doubletree's air-conditioned rooms all have an LCD HD TV with Sky channels and free tea and coffee-making facilities. Most have a furnished balcony overlooking the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Hotelopia and Cancelon so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Olbia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Olbia Hotel Olbia
- Doubletree By Hilton Olbia Sardinia