“Very nice place to have dinner!”
Review of Locanda Margherita

Locanda Margherita
Ranked #109 of 1,176 Restaurants in Cagliari
Price range: USD 13 - USD 40
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2018

I enjoyed bottarga for the first time, together with spaghetti and clams and it was amazing! Comparing to other places where I tasted the same dish afterward, this was the best! Not to mention the very warm and professional service. Strongly recommend!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 11 August 2018

Very surprised to read the generally positive reviews on Tripadvisor. This was my worst meal on Sardinia and I would recommend looking elsewhere. My main course of gamberi consisted of 4 tiny and poor quality prawns and a plateful of grilled tomatoes on the vine, all smothered in an unpleasant oily sauce. Compared to other meals the quality and quantity of the main course was totally unacceptable. Even two glasses of liqueur on the house (I think the waiter was feeling apologetic) did not help. Oddly when the owner (I think) asked me if the meal was OK and I answered ‘no’ he did not ask me why not. Try elsewhere.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 3 July 2018

If you are hungry in Cagliari before 7pm, you better start chewing your finger nails, as all restaurants are closed. Being very hungry, having no spare finger nails, we knocked on several restaurants' doors - but it was only 6pm - turning to 630pm, so they wouldn't let us in. And then we came to Locanda Margherita. The first response was 'come back at 7pm.' But there was something in our face's expression that led the boss to get soft and he took us in. Roberto served us. He was just great. Explaining very patiently and with great enthusiasm what they got, how they do it, and per our request, fillet for us the fishes. The fishes were exquisite. The wine was good - what else you can ask? The check of course. The price was fair - not extremely cheap, but certainly not on the expensive side. You'll more for the same meal in the UK or the USA. In any case, we paid we great smile. It was just excellent. We will be back.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Having had suckling pig before many times, most recently in Alghero, we were keen to have it again. Courtesy of the local bar we had eaten snacks so didn’t need a starter. The usual po-face of the money grabbing style establishment ensued and made us concerned.
No roast potatoes available; just chips...at €5. Two of the three lumps of ‘meat’ were all bone - so €15 for €5 of food.
Our complaints were ignored. We asked to have our ‘cover’ deducted at least....nothing.
The restaurant may say we don’t understand ‘foreign food’ or whatever, but I come from a Portuguese mother and family and know about food. This was poor; and so was the service. (Strangely, the table of locals behind us was gushed over. What a surprise!)

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 20 December 2017

Surprised by the Hospitality and the Quality of the Food, nothing was difficult and really felt at home within the Restaurant.....both my Wife and myself were very impressed.

Date of visit: December 2017
FrancoLai, Proprietario at Locanda Margherita, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Thanks very much for your apretiation!! It's a pleasure, you are alwais welcome.