All reviews via roma quirky hotel on arrival wonderful bathroom local artists wifi signal cakes and pastries fresh fruit enjoyable stay worked perfectly stayed here for one night lovely boutique high ceilings the air conditioning old city harbour key
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Booked a double room for 1 night and totally regret it now!!!
The website makes it seem like is all about art, luxury, style and is total rubbish.
Upon my arrival, the receptionist asked for my passport, dropped it on his desk and showed me my room (could've been lost or stolen) some people are very protective with their documents.
Then he said I was "upgraded" to a better suite and not sure what my original room would have been because the "better suite" was a mess.
Too small, too much furniture and could barely walk around.
Their sense of "art" was old and outdated furniture and random stuff all put together...
Balcony doors wouldn't open fully, probably a quarter so you'd had to squeeze in, wardrobe was horrible and stank but the WORST... was the bathroom... (see pictures)
1.The door was covered in carpet (not sure why) as there is condensation.
2.The shower plug was blocked, so you would have to literally turn off the water so the water would flush away properly every 2mins.
3. Water would come out of the blinds as there was a crack in one of the bottom corners (leaks)
4. Their "art" touch was sticking screen tablecloths covered in paint (inside the shower) which means there was a lot of mould.
5. Bedframe was made of rusty metal and would creek when you move around.
All in all, a disaster.
Next morning I tried to go for breakfast there, but there was there was only a small table with no variety whatsoever. I drank some juice, took a yogurt for the road and left as quick as I could.
The best thing... is that I believe I was the only guest in that hotel for the whole time... spooky.
Never coming back again. Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank federicoquiroz
Reviewed 6 October 2017

On arrival we were told we would have to move to another hotel for the second night of our stay. Fair enough. What we didn't expect was the very shabby way we were treated when we had to move. We were accompanied by a girl to our new place - not much help with the luggage. She didn't know where it was, had to ask on the street for directions. When we got there the room had been booked but not paid for so the manager couldn't give us the keys to our new room. It took nearly an hour for the Miramare to finally agree to come and pay and resolve the situation, with much arguing and overall umpleasantness. Meanwhile we were left waiting around wondering what was going on and getting very frustrated. Very unprofessional and basically rude. No effort to make up for the inconvenience at all.
Luckily our second night was in a lovely place, much bigger and nicer room, great bathroom so we were glad to be out of our small, cramped and noisy room at the Miramare. Even breakfast was nicer with real fresh orange juice and a proper cappucino.

Room Tip: Vey few rooms with sea view and they're even noisier.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fabonhols
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We booked 3 rooms for 7 nights, and were delighted to have written confirmation of double deluxe rooms with 'panoramic view over bay and harbour'. On arrival we were told this was an error. The rooms we were given were shabby. Our room had old, hand-painted furniture and an old and very uncomfortable bed which creaked at every movement. The shower-room was small. A very large storage basket and stool took up most of the space. The shower area was so restricted that you had to fight the shower curtain, and the shower overflowed, sometimes into the bedroom.
Wi-fi is patchy.
The pluses are that it's central for shops, restaurants and transport. It's clean, breakfast is pleasant, and most of the staff are helpful, some delightful. Obviously not the one who had made the error and was unapologetic, asserting the mistake was ours for assuming we'd been upgraded.
It only qualifies as 'boutique' by having a small number of rooms, and is overpriced.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We stayed here for one night in mid-September and were a tad underwhelmed.
First the positives: staff seemed nice and helpful, decent continental breakfast with great espresso.
The negatives: Our room was 180 euros but seemed like the sort of splurge place you'd take when you're backpacking rather than a place that's truly nice—bad towels, bad bedding, cramped rooms. All fine when you're broke and 23, less so if you're looking for something nice. The photos on the website or Boutique Sardinia are shockingly inaccurate—this place is funky but in no ways is it swanky at all. The location is in the heart of the tourist zone, so if you like to be mere steps away from dozens of vendors selling knock-off Gucci bags then you're in luck. If you're driving don't expect to park within 500m.
In short I didn't love it - if I had paid 80 euros, then I'd suck it up, but at anything above that rate you'd have to be a bit of a sucker.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank mageditor
Reviewed 11 September 2017

The Miramare hotel in Cagliari charged my credit card for a flexible reservation without authorisation, weeks before the reservation date. I cancelled the reservation in time, but the hotel never made a refund. Several requests by email, by telephone and in person were unsuccessful. Martin at the reception was not cooperative. While he half-heartedly admitted the need for a refund, neither he nor his "accounting department" ever made an effort to effect the transaction. Fortunately, my credit card issuer was able to enforce a refund several months later.

Save yourself a lot of trouble and avoid this hotel. Always pay with credit card, which provides insurance against fraud.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple