See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

I was put on the spot to find a place to stay when I arrived in cagliari and La Ghirlanda was the only B&B with vacancies to promptly answer their email and did I luck out.

Perfect location to do anything in Calgiari due to its proximity to the bus station (right across street) and its central location in the heart of marina district. It has an elevator but who would use it instead of their beautiful marble staircase.

A comfortable double bed with amazingly clean sheets. The room was furnished with a wood floor, antique lamps, a fridge, a tv, and Wi-Fi. The room also has padded chairs with a comfy covering and a table. The shower has good pressure and the towell came wrapped with a bow.

My belongings never felt more secure behind three locks since the front building locks, the entrance to the bnb locks and your personal room locks all on separate keys.

Authentic but not overbearing street noise improves the atmosphere of this lovely room. Although with the balcony doors closed it is pretty quiet so I left them open.

I was not sure how long I was going to stay so every morning I would ask the lovely couple One more night? They were never irritated only enthusiastic and helpful . Every morning they would greet me politely and ask how my night was and if I had any plans for the day.

They have plenty of tourist information such as city maps and told me how to take a bus to poetto beach which only cost a couple euro and was impossible to mess up.

Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2015

This B&B is in a good location and easy to find in the street next door to the city's department store 'La Rinascente'. Lovely large room with high ceilings, two windows opening onto side street, nicely decorated furniture, comfortable bed, ensuite with shower. There was some street noise, as you would expect in a busy city. We were disappointed with breakfast though, a voucher for a coffee and a croissant at the corner cafe. There are plenty of places to choose to have breakfast, so I think they should just provide on a room only basis.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2015 via mobile

On arriving in Cagliari on Friday afternoon my girlfriend and I were due to sail around Sardinia on the family yacht but a problem arose in the marina and meant we couldn't get to our boat until Monday, while looking for a place to stay for the weekend we contacted our Sardinian friend Rosa who contacted the lovely owners of La Ghirlanda who then provided us with a beautiful room in such short notice! Our stay here has been perfect the beds are comfy the room is spacious the decor is elegant the view from our window is gorgeous the whole vibe is just beautiful + the service couldn't be better, we would recommend this B&B to anyone visiting Cagliari it's a proper authentic Italian experience

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sean O
Reviewed 27 May 2015

This is actually a big flat, converted into a small hotel. Good location. Rooms are cosy and nice decorated. Problem is the owner, who lives in the same flat. We were a group, travelling together. We watched Eurovision on TV together when the owner, dressed in pants invaded the room shouting that after 22:00 everybody must go ino their rooms and sleep. He shut down the TV, the lights and threatened to call the police if we will go on watching the TV. The sound insulation is poor, I understand, but we came to a hotel, not his private appartment. There was more noise from the outside bars, than from the TV.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2014

Walking into our room literally took our breath away. We had just arrived in Sardinia and felt welcomed and at home. The décor is lovely and thoughtfully done and the room overlooked our little street. The scent of the cheese shop across the way wafted occasionally our way. The inn is in close proximity to lovely shops and to the Bastion St. Remy which is worth a trip for the sunset view. The breakfast was served in our room and was incredible and made by our Lovely and kind hosts, Antonio and Carmelo. If my sisters and I have anything negative to say, it is just that we didn't stay longer! Gracie to our hosts for a lovely welcome to a beautiful place.

Room Tip: We only have our room which was on the street. While it was a bit noisy at night, we enjoyed listening to people having fun below and it quieted in plenty of time to get a good night's sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family