All reviews large pool focaccia olive oil fixed menu fruit trees antipasti minute drive brindisi airport cakes horses stables vines orange farmhouse estate masseria towns
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Fresh home made bread and cake for breakfast, about 20 different home made jams, marmelade and honey!
A wonderful swimming pool, very nice surroundings, and very kind and nice people,will make you feel as a very special guest. We and our children enjoyed every minute of our stay and will definitely come back. The pool was so nice that we even didn't go the beach.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Eva H
Reviewed 28 June 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 16 June 2012

My stay was part business, part holiday. For my business activities I needed wifi which worked well in the suite I was in, and when it did drop off, a quick word with the staff got it going again straight away. I have found that many hotels in italy only have wifi in the public areas so this was really good. For my vacation I needed a peaceful place with character within easy reach of tourist attractions, and that's exactly what I got. Lecce and Ostuni are both 30-40 mins away and its an easy drive. There are also quiet villages situated closer which were just great to wander round.
The tranquility was provided by the cheerful, attentive service and the superb swimming pool in its walled garden. Nothing was too much trouble for the family who run the Masseria and I enjoyed practicing my rather poor Italian with them! The food was very good and they will cook what you want (no choice on the night). Ingredients are mainly grown on the farm. The short wine list was excellent.
This is excellent value in quiet rural Puglia. A car is essential. Great for couples and very young children but probably not for older children unless they are interested in equestrian activities. For me it was a magical stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Mudge436
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We stayed at Masseria Incantalupi from 31AUG to 5SEP. It was amazing experience.
Time goes slowly around the place, the building was beautiful decorated with ancient Italian building. Especially floor was made with Italian stone paves, swimming pool with bird songs, and Mariateressa who is president’s wife was taking care of ours.
Breakfast we can eat many kind of locally made marmalades with breads, cakes and juices and special tasty Italian coffee.
We went to Lecce, which is an old Roman town, and albelobello, which is world heritage by UNESCO. It takes 1 hour less drive from the hotel, it is easy to access.
After activity if you reserve dinner, they provide special Italian home made dinner with local vegetables.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Incantalupi
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We stayed here with our 11 year old son in August. We had a ball. He made lots of friends, and it was a struggle to get him away from the pool every day. However, there's so much to see in the area that it was well worth getting out (Lecce, Otranto, Ostuni, Alberobello). In the evening, we had the relaxing apéro in the courtyard and then everyone sits down for dinner at the same time. To say that the food is sublime is an understatement. Great simplicity, tremendous variety and much of the produce comes from the farm. Since getting back, eating out has been a little disappointing. Finally, we were pampered by everyone at the Masseria. Very friendly.

The only downside is that you do need a car, as it's about 10k to the nearest beach. But this is really no problem, as once you're back from beach, you can dive straight into the pool and start thinking about dinner.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family