All reviews before check in time the owner other guests old town close to the train station convenient location comfortable beds bari vecchia hostel david olives balconies laundry map mare fridge euros
Reviewed 19 October 2018

Great experience staying at Olive Tree! I was scheduled to be in Bari for two days but kept finding beautiful places to go and interesting things to do in the city and the sourroundings so I stayed for a total of 3 weeks. David, who runs the place is very helpful and the staff is just amazingly friendly and ready to help in any possible way. The place is super clean, organized and has beautiful balconies. Breakfast is just like being at home in their cozy kitchen. Very comfortable beds and nice rooms. The best part of this experience are the tours going to Alberobello, Matera, Altamura, Lecce and Polignano a Mare. Gianfranco is the guy doing the tours and he is extra friendly and speaks several languages. He picks you up at Olive Tree and from there we go on the adventure! He takes you to the points of interest and explains the history and tells you interesting stories. He knows the best places to go eat and overall he makes your experience very enjoyable. After this long stay, I totally felt like being at home from the moment I open the front door. I will definitely come back to Bari and stay at the Olive Tree. Thanks David, Maggie, Flavia, Maria, Ginny, Gianfranco and all the staff for all your kindness and making my stay at Olive Tree so enjoyable. You guys are the best! :)

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Perfect stay at olive tree. The staff were so friendly and helpful with what to do in Bari. Great location and the facilities were great. Everyone was so friendly - if I go back to Bari i’d definitely return to the olive tree. The staff really went the extra mile :)

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

This was my first hostel experience ever and I loved it! Lea checked me in and showed me everything I needed to know about the hostel. Then she handed me their map with Bari's various sights and restaurants, and let me know which ones she enjoyed the most! I didn't get too much sleep but that was due to quite a few snoring room mates(not much that Olive Tree can do about that). The next day, their breakfast had everything I needed and while out and about with another guest, we ran into Maggie who also worked at the hostel. Bari is small :) She took us along on a free little sight seeing tour, the beach, and amazing pizza and ice cream places, in the evening. The result: After 1 day in Bari, I felt like I'd been on holiday for over a week. Thank you, Lea and Maggie and all the other staff! And thank you, David, who runs the hostel! Such a forthcoming and good guy!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

From the moment I entered this wonderful hostel I felt right at home. The greeting and introduction from David was super helpful and informative as he shared all there is to know about Bari. I arrived early and had no problem checking in at around lunchtime. The staff are all so friendly and helpful and will not hesitate to go above and beyond. I would definitely come back and stay here when I am in Bari. Thank you again David and team for all your kindness.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Very good experience indeed!Early check in went very smoothly and our double bedroom was nice,large and clean.Good and plentiful breakfast,convenient location just less than 10 minutes walk from the Old Town(Bari Vecchia) plus,last but not least,amazing,super friendly and helpful staff.Many thanks once again David for being such a lovely host.Fabio and I will surely stay again at your hostel next time we will visit Bari..a presto

Date of stay: February 2018