All reviews before check in time the owner old town other guests convenient location bari vecchia hostel david station euros
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Perfect stay at olive tree. The staff were so friendly and helpful with what to do in Bari. Great location and the facilities were great. Everyone was so friendly - if I go back to Bari i’d definitely return to the olive tree. The staff really went the extra mile :)

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

This was my first hostel experience ever and I loved it! Lea checked me in and showed me everything I needed to know about the hostel. Then she handed me their map with Bari's various sights and restaurants, and let me know which ones she enjoyed the most! I didn't get too much sleep but that was due to quite a few snoring room mates(not much that Olive Tree can do about that). The next day, their breakfast had everything I needed and while out and about with another guest, we ran into Maggie who also worked at the hostel. Bari is small :) She took us along on a free little sight seeing tour, the beach, and amazing pizza and ice cream places, in the evening. The result: After 1 day in Bari, I felt like I'd been on holiday for over a week. Thank you, Lea and Maggie and all the other staff! And thank you, David, who runs the hostel! Such a forthcoming and good guy!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

From the moment I entered this wonderful hostel I felt right at home. The greeting and introduction from David was super helpful and informative as he shared all there is to know about Bari. I arrived early and had no problem checking in at around lunchtime. The staff are all so friendly and helpful and will not hesitate to go above and beyond. I would definitely come back and stay here when I am in Bari. Thank you again David and team for all your kindness.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Very good experience indeed!Early check in went very smoothly and our double bedroom was nice,large and clean.Good and plentiful breakfast,convenient location just less than 10 minutes walk from the Old Town(Bari Vecchia) plus,last but not least,amazing,super friendly and helpful staff.Many thanks once again David for being such a lovely host.Fabio and I will surely stay again at your hostel next time we will visit Bari..a presto

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Arrival : wait until 5 pm in a bar if you arrive in the afternoon. You can't check in or bring your bag before 5 pm.

Breakfast : absolutely no fruits.

Noise : all rooms are on the side of the street with simple glass...

Commons : close at 10.45 pm. No way to eat something after because the kitchen is locked ! The only option to chat or read is your dormitory room (at least 8 beds ! )

Departure the airport : employees (who are not italians and who seem to be all volunteers) don't facilitate your journey : the train to the airport leaves the station at 7.49 am, 8.04 am and then... after 9.00 am. But the kitchen is locked until 8 am even if the employee is there : forget about your breakfast and if you had things in the fridge that you want to take with you and need to leave early, that is really too bad...

One last thing : there is a very bad mood that comes from the employees (probably all volunteers) and that does not ease the contacts between the guests !

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo