All reviews before check in time the owner other guests old town close to the train station convenient location comfortable beds bari vecchia hostel david olives balconies laundry map mare fridge euros
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

It was my first hostel stay and it was a very good experience. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. The rooms and bathrooms were clean. There was some complimentary wine in the fridge and the other guests were really nice too. It is really close to the train station.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2017

First of all, I cant judge the hostel experience as I had a private room there. But for this price I was still disappointed.

- You cannot find the hostel easily from outside. No proper sign etc.
- No elevator, you need to ring a bell there and wait five minutes until someone opens you
- Room was big, but absolutely noisy. I was able to hear all the noises outside, many times hostel guests tried to come into mine as they got mixed up with the rooms.
- Breakfast was not really a breakfast
- Worst part was: I wanted to drop my bag and they asked me to pay 3 Euros for the storage. First time this happened to me, especially since I paid 55 Euros for the hotel I found this absolutely a joke. Cant recommend that place at all!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
DavidP52_13, Manager at Olive Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear valuable guest,
Thank you for the review. Our hostel has a big sign which has been strategically positioned outside the hostel's entrance which reads Olive Tree Hostel. For added convenience it is also positioned next to a big number 90. Number 90 is the street number in the hostel's address which can be found on all websites that we are listed on. We are situated on the first floor (which is also stated on the sign outside the building) and we have a working elevator. For the security and comfort of guests staying in the private room, we have a door key. This allows guests occupying the room to lock the door and prevents other people from being able to enter unauthorised. Our breakfast includes freshly baked bread rolls, jams, cream cheese, nutella, a choice of cereals, fresh Italian coffee, a selection of tea, and a choice of fresh fruit juices. Our bag storage service is free before check in and €3 after check out. This fee allows guests to stay in the hostel all day and use the facilities including Wi-FI, bathrooms, kitchen and common areas.
Kind regards,
Olive Tree Hostel

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

This was a cool hostel with lots of balconies and open space. The staff were friendly and pointed out good things to do, see, and eat in the city. They also took care of my laundry for a small charge and let me hang out in the hostel after check out to wait for my ferry to greece later in the evening. I was in a 10 person mixed dorm but it was comfortable and quiet, and the people were friendly. It's a bit of a walk from the major sights but overall a good location. I would return.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2017

I've spent one night in this hostel, good experience!
The staff is really nice and helpful, telling you everything you need to know about Bari. There is the possibilty to go on trips with them (the trips seem to be really great and also good value for money!)
In the morning there is breakfast included. Everyone is very laid-back and cheerful! Will go back if I ever return to Bari.

Room Tip: The dormitories are quite big and cheap
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2017

This hostel is the only one in town (April 2017) and in an appartment building. The bathrooms are excellent, the kitchen works well too.
Points that could be better:
- there is no chill space with a sofa, but there is a nice patio balcony (with chairs)
- I couldnt check in at the moment I had wanted, due to a late flight arrival. Beware of this. Hence, I had to sleep elsewhere when I first got to Bari

The owner is a cool guy.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo