All reviews before check in time the owner old town other guests convenient location bari vecchia hostel david station euros
Reviewed 14 April 2017

This hostel is the only one in town (April 2017) and in an appartment building. The bathrooms are excellent, the kitchen works well too.
Points that could be better:
- there is no chill space with a sofa, but there is a nice patio balcony (with chairs)
- I couldnt check in at the moment I had wanted, due to a late flight arrival. Beware of this. Hence, I had to sleep elsewhere when I first got to Bari

The owner is a cool guy.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Dont miss out on staying here. It was full some nights even during the winter season. We stayed here for 5 days and it was a perfect base for exploring the beautiful region of Puglia, with Matera and Alberobello a train ride away, beautiful beaches and caves, and a short walk from the old town of Bari.
From the moment we walked in we felt instantly welcomed by the staff, and we were friends by the first night. We enjoyed evenings making dinner with the other guests and staff...and got to go out to a nice pub together.
The staff were very knowledgable about Bari and the region, transportation, etc. David, the owner, is exceptionally accommodating and a really great guy.
The hostel is clean, plenty of bathrooms, comfortable beds, and its nice and quiet at night, as they close up the common areas at 10-11.
Breakfast is also great, proper coffee!!
Thanks so much David, Marco, Hajni, Leticia... we'll be coming back at the end of the month!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rvand044
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

The personel is helpful and english speaking (french also). Hostel is not far from the station. Breakfast are tasty. The kitchen is cool, you can make big dinner on your own. Baths are clean, but there are some places where you can find funghus. Remove it and all will be ok.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

I only stayed here for one night, but it was immediately obviously that the place was secure and clean, had friendly staff, had good common areas for socialising and excellent proximity to the train station (direct to airport in circa 15 mins). As a solo traveller, I would definitely come back if I found myself passing through Bari again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Really nice hostel. Super friendly staff. 3 clean common bathroom. 1 terrace to have breakfast at. Only sweet "European" style breakfast but since there's a clean and fully equipped kitchen you can cook a larger breakfast if you need. Total independence as they give you a key. Well located, 10min from the station (to reach Pulignano a Mare, Alberobello, Matera etc) and also from the old town. Proposed day trips for 20€. Thank you again for this nice experience! I can only recommend that hostel!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends