All reviews before check in time the owner old town other guests convenient location bari vecchia hostel david station euros
Reviewed 22 April 2016

Friendly staff, well equipment kitchen and really good location.
Quite good place, but to be honest I was expecting more looking at the rating.
The bad thing is breakfast. The same limited range every morning: flakes, jam and bread. Coffee is cold if you come later than 8 a.m.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Dmitry B
Reviewed 1 April 2016

It was really good time which we spent with my friends there. Place was really good with everything what is necessary. I really appreciate very polite employees and also good advises which gave us and we could used them and visited nice places and tried new things. If i will be there again, I will for sure spend time there again.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

Staff are so friendly and welcoming and offer great tours of the Puglia area.

Bari is a lovely city that you can easily walk and cross most of in 20-30 minutes and the staff gives great advice for gelato, caffe, and dinner.

Beds are very comfortable and each in the dorms were equipped with an individual reading light and you're given a locker or padlock for no charge. Bathrooms are very clean and very spacious though single stalls, but there are 3 usable by anyone at the hostel. Breakfast is enjoyable and allows for chatting and the terrace was lovely especially as there was good weather.

Wonderful feature to be able to leave your bags prior to check in for free as well and for 3€ after checkout and continue to use the facilities for that day.

Overall great hostel and well worth the trip to the Puglia region.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

My review is about the attitude of people.that work in this hostel not the building itself. When you travel you trust people that they will provide you with shelter when you make a booking. Foreign countries, you don't speak the language, sometimes you travel at night. Friendly staff really make your day and all the experience great.
So what can I tell you about Olive Tree hostel? My.flight wad delayed. As it wasn't bad enough hostel staff decided to cancel my reservation because I was so unlucky to be delayed. My fault wasn't it? But it wasn't a problem to charge me full price. They left me homeless in the airport and they weren't decent enough to refund me my money. Promised email from the hotel didn't come as well.
It never ever happened to me. Its sad to be treated like that.
Think twice before you will trust this people. You may regret

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Przemek B
DavidP52_13, Owner at Olive Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2016

Hello,
I'm sorry for the experience that you had. I have just investigated and was unable to find the email you sent. Our reception is closed from 12 midnight until 7:30am as is stated on all of our booking websites. We take no responsibility for flight delays and our cancellation policy is 3 days advance notice. Had we received your email or phone call we would have helped you find alternative accommodation. That being said I can understand your frustration and I'd be happy to offer you a fee stay when you are next in town.
I offer you my kindest regards,
David Place

Reviewed 21 February 2016

I've stayed in many hostels in Europe and this I class as one of the best. It is just 5 min from Bari station . It is recently renovated with 3 lovely roomy bathrooms. we stayed here in the low season of February. Aussie/Italian Dave is the perfect host. very helpful and accessible great bilingual in English & Italian. My experience was so good I'm returning on my own this time. My partner and I had the one and only private room. Really recommend this budget hostel. safe and central. Shower is a joy!

Room Tip: private double bed room!
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple