See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We’ve stay here for 4 days and the information about the resort and what we found when we arribe was complietly diferent. The swimming pool it Is public, like for everybody around the resort. The breakfast is horrible. The only thing that we’ve like is the restaurant and it’s not part of the resort.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Júlia O
Reviewed 7 April 2018

We stayed for one night at Baia Sangiorgio Hotel in Bari in a family room. We took a taxi from the airport with our 3 children and it cost about 35 euros to get there. When we arrived we learned there were no open restaurants in the area or on property. I wish we had known this information in advance, which is why I am writing this review for other potential customers. We were able to purchase a bag of cheese puffs, ice creams, and two Spritz drinks from the bar inside the hotel lobby for 30 euros. I suggest if you are staying during the off season to go to the market before arriving. My husband went into town and it was very difficult to get there once we were at the resort. There isn't anything in the way of stores or anywhere to eat in the resort area. There is a place cafe called Reef which is a kilometer away but it was not open when we walked by. We were able to buy some meats, cheeses, fruits, and vegetables at a market, which was about an hour's walk away. It would be faster to take a bus to the city center however, the bus passed my husband by while we was waiting for it. Breakfast was good and the staff was friendly. There were eggs, fruit, tomatoes, an assortment of breads, cakes, coffee, and juice. This property has a lot of potential. I'm not sure if there was a recent storm or if they are renovating the property but everything was closed while we were there including the pool, the restaurant, and outside bar, which we were looking forward to using. I wish we had known this in advance, especially having 3 children. It is a beautiful property and our children enjoyed running around the courtyard and exploring the beach. I have not been to Bari before but I think this hotel would be an amazing place to stay in the summer time. The ocean views are very peaceful and beautiful. The Trulli houses on property are unique and I would love to see what those look like inside. The family rooms have kitchenettes as well, which is a nice feature and there is a mini bar in the room. The family rooms have bunk beds which were great for our children. I had requested a crib but we were never supplied with one. The walls were rather thin and we could hear our neighbors. They could probably hear us as well. Beverages in the mini bar are about 3 euros each, which is pretty standard for most hotels. We enjoyed our one night stay however did learn we payed about 40 euros more than other guests in the same type of room that night so recommend booking directly with the hotel rather than a booking site.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank partyof5travel
Reviewed 27 October 2017

It was just a lovely hotel to stay in, near the sea and swimming pool. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The room was well appointed and very clean. The super king size bed 2.0m x 2.0m was very comfortable.
We stayed only 5 days but will certainly go there again and earlier that mid-September as my wife and I did (17th September). As it was end of season, not as many places were open but we still enjoyed it.
I would recommend Baia San Giorgio Hotel Resort but would urge you to go before September.
Thank you.

Room tip: Speak to the staff. They will guide you well. They all speak English and are very helpful.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2017

We booked here in order to have a restful warm stay before the English winter. We were unnaware that the restaurant would be closed and as we had no car, eating was a problem as the resort is a distance away from any restaurants. The hotel kindly took us to a restaurant for lunch on the first day. The second day we went to Bari town and bought some food for the rest of our stay. We were also discovered that the pool and beach area was a short walk from the hotel and as we require walking sticks, it was not easy for us. The room was clean and airy and we enjoyed sitting outside but there was no bar area so evenings were spent in and around our room. We wished we had hired a car. The staff however were very kind and helpful particularly Francesca who was at breakfast every day.

Room tip: All rooms are well appointed
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Worst Customer Service ever. Still waiting for money (quite a substantial amount) to be refunded to my account after they debited my account in error . I sent them my statement to prove the transaction yet they deny taking the money from my account.

Would never stay in this hotel as a result. Some people should not work in the Hospitality industry.

• Trip type: Travelled with family