“A great restaurant close to Bari's old city”
Review of Giampa

Giampa
Ranked #181 of 1,199 Restaurants in Bari
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Giampa ', not just a restaurant, but a brand which combines tradition and local cuisine with quality and taste, in a versatile and creative way.
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

Giampa is a very nice restaurant on a side street in Bari off of the Corso Cavour. Tastefully appointed, the staff is very attentive and always willing to make recommendations. The menu is quite extensive with many pizza, seafood, meat and pasta entrees. Each selection is well prepared and well presented. You cannot go wrong no matter what you order. Prices are reasonable with dinner for two, excluding wine, usually averaging @ €50.

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

You get a cosmopolian feel when you step inside this restaurant in a residential area on the outskirts of Bari. Interesting and extensive menu. Food is tasty and well presented. Waiting staff is kind but rather chaotic. We went back after our first visit and had another nice evening. Doesn't open for dinner until 20:00 and starts getting lifely even later. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

We went twice and it is so nice to be recognized. Light and airy, relaxing and the food is so nice and fresh. Dinner was superb, the sea bass and tuna both wonderfully presented. Pasta Lunch with Giampa 7 antipasti including a horse meat dish which my partner found delicious! The local wine NegraAmara is so very interesting, spicy, pungent, rich and all those 'wine words' when a wine feels and tastes so deep and interesting. We tried this wine several times during this trip south, but the 'year and vintage' that our server reccomended was, ¡deliciouso!

Reviewed 23 May 2016

My wife and I wanted to eat in a highly recommend restaurant in Bari but it closed at 10pm, highly unusual for Italy so the hotel recommended Giampa around the corner . We were a bit skeptical but we decided to try it. First we were greeted with a very warm buona sera and a firm handshake. The restaurant is a very large cavernous space, vaulted ceiling, but rather plain. Our first course was a sampling of four seafood tartars. Simply SCRUMPTIOUS!! FRESH, FRESH! The next course was pasta with seafood. Again fresh, fresh but cooked just perfectly . Delicious. One of the amusing things about Giampa are the dinner plates or should I say the serving platters or maybe I should I say bigger than a platter. Of course they are not completely full of food but they are LARGE!! We enjoyed the dinner so much we went back the next evening and had some more great food.

Reviewed 12 May 2016

I arrived here for dinner on the recommendation of the staff at my hotel's reception desk (Grande Albergo delle Nazioni). I was alone and it was my last night in Bari so I just wanted a good, simple meal. Giampa fit the bill perfectly. The staff was very warm and friendly. They brought a small complimentary (and very good) pizza to my table while I was mulling over the extensive menu. In the end, the waiter recommended a seafood pasta dish with clams and a carpaccio of prawn which was just perfect. The seafood is all fresh as can be (you can see some of it in a chilled display at the front) and the pasta was perfectly al dente. The restaurant's location on a little side street in the center of town, right by the theater and the old city, makes it very convenient after a day of walking around.