“Excellent”

La Canonica
Ranked #9 of 1,292 Restaurants in Verona
Price range: USD 50 - USD 200
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Restaurant is highly recommended, delivering best local dishes with a modern twist. We had five course tasting menu at 50 Euro. Some of the dishes were simply superb, who would have thought burratta, tomato sauce and ham could taste so good, equally a risotto with pigeon ragu was as good as we have tasted anywhere. Staff were excelllent and clearly have a passion for their food and wine, Radion in particular was excellent. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Food was excellent, there were four of us and all left delighted with the quality of the food. Staff were also helpful and professional.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Omg this place thus beautiful and delicious place!! We came across thus restaurant by happenstance and we couldn't have made a better choice.
We did the 6 course tasting menu foe lunch and it was mind blowing. The chef is a genius!! And our waiter Lucca, the most important asset they have. He is nith knowledgeable and an excellent host and Server.
I am going to write to Michelin as this places deserves a star or 2.
These two hawaiian ladies had the nest meal here in Italy so far, all thanks to LA Canonica. If lunch was this phenomenal, what is dinner like.
If ever in Verona again you can find me there for lunch and dinner

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Top level service, all staff are incredibly professional and kind. Food was amazing too, add a nice setting (well thought but not overly formal) and you have the perfect dinner in Verona!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Just had one of the three best meals of my life tonight. On arrival we were greeted with complimentary glasses of prosecco. While reading the menu, we were brought little amuse-bouches, including little cubes of toast with explosively tasty anchovies. While waiting for our primi we were brought small dishes of foamed potato soup with little cubes of salmon and candied tomatoes. The primi were the first dishes we were actually paying for and each was an eruption of flavours - my wife had gnocchi with mussels and cuttlefish ink, I had agnoletti (like ravioli) stuffed with cod in a sauce with caramelized onions and chopped walnuts; just describing them doesn't begin to do them justice. The secondi were brilliant without being quite as stellar as the primi: my wife had involtini of courgettes and ricotta while I had lightly-cooked salmon with horseradish sauce and onki mushrooms, a bold Japanese-themed offering from an Italian restaurant, but again, the flavours were delicious. Dessert was when they surpassed the final frontier: we each had pumpkin and truffle tiramisu which went way beyond any tiramisu either of us had ever had before. Here, I must admit that when the waiters weren't looking I licked my thumb and made sure not a morsel was left on the dish! Even then, the house gifts weren't over: along with our coffees we were given little cubes of lemon sponge and chocolate sponge cake. Service was friendly and attentive throughout. This little treasure is tucked away on a back-street off a back-street but it's worth making the effort to find it, I promise you will be thrilled, just as we were!

lorenzo d, Direttore at La Canonica, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Kieran,
thank you very much for your amazing review!
We are very proud of your description and we would like to have you as our guest very soon!

The director