All reviews a free shuttle bus nice hotel to stay bus runs every mins shop opposite the hotel bride and grooms cost euros per person hydro bath return bus hotel offer swimming pool the underground car park local buses lake garda within easy reach business trip weekend break minute walk
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Had a business trip to Verona and stayed at San Marco during Sep 2017. Pretty decent no fancy rooms...could do better with a makeover i guess. Check in was pretty smooth - would have loved though if they had a airport shuttle of some kind.

Surprised to find that they do not serve food in the night - my bad luck I landed late evening and had to be content with some fruits that I had bought along the way. This somewhat is disappointing - leaving the guests to fend for themselves courtesy hotel policy is unacceptable in hospitality industry. This is the reason for my average rating.

Most places are nearby- the Arena, museums, etc. which you could visit with the help of Verona card (24/48 hours duration approx. 18/23 euros). Venice is the most popular destination - I hopped into a train and took the hop on hop off cruise and chose to drop in at Morano to buy a beautiful necklace for my wife. This place is worth visiting. Of course you will love the cruise with a view of the town throughout.

Breakfast is OK but nothing to write about...there is a bar that is good. You will find a lot of hotels nearby if you are ready to walk - some good pizza eateries serving sizable portions as compared to the restaurant in the hotel. And of course visit not complete without Italian wine... I loved the rose wine!
So nice hotel to stay!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2017

The room was big and comfortable with really wide bed. Shower, toilet and bidet in the bathroom. We had pleasant breakfast and sometimes also supper in the ground floor restaurant. Helpful people in the reception desk. Bus stop is close enough to the hotel, a minute of walking. A small shop across the street, selling newspapers etc. The hotel is suitable for visitors in large groups, but also for families.

Room Tip: I did not choose a room, I got a random room and I liked it.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2017

We stayed here for 2 nights. I found the breakfast particularly plain. Added to this the items available kept running out. The staff were very slow to spot absences of items. The staff at the counter were on the whole good, except they failed to give clear directions. A map with an X written on it, is simply not clear enough to someone new to the area, and particularly, if they do not speak Italian. More care required.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Judy M
Reviewed 8 September 2017

We stayed for eight days at this hotel. Staff very helpful. Breakfast was Ok with something for everybody. Our room was situated on the second floor adequate for what we paid. TV has over 700 channels so if you want to watch some english spoken news you have to search for it.there is a bus stop just outside the Hotel that it will take to the
historic center or you can walk about 20-25 minutes. Oposite the hotel there is a tobacconist where you can buy a 90 minutes tickets for around €1.30 the same ticket from the driver would cost you €2, however if you are thinking on visiting the Arena, Domo, Museums etc we have found that the most economic way was to buy a Verona Card for 24hrs for €18 or 48hrs for €22 this card will also covered the local buses as
many times as you wish to use them, you can buy those card from the Tourist Office they don't accept Credit Cards however if you go to the Arena (Amphitheater) you can buy the same card and pay buy C.C.
If you are thinking on visiting Venice, Padova,Lake Garda etc we bought a Rail Card ONLY to be used on the Veneto rails as many times as you wish. Those cards cost €32,60 and are valid for a week the week will started on Monday to Sunday midnight, you buy it from the railway station we bought ours on a Wednesday used till Sunday evening good value for money you can stop at any station between Pescheria (Lake Guarda) Padova, Vicenza ( very nice ) etc.
Going back to the Hotel there is a Restaurant just opposite was OK the first night, expensive and not very big portions, however if you walk about eight minutes up the road you will find the Ristorante Pizzeria San Marcos ( Via Don Struzo) EXCELLENT and half price of the one opposite the HOtel.
There is a swimming pool but I think the hotel was going to close it very soon?
The hotel does not serves food in the evening unless you are in a group? Very strange thing there is a bar with reasonable prices.
The only downside is that is not very close to the Centre. I do recommend this hotel and if we return we most definitely stay at this Hotel.
CIAO!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TITOsudbury
Reviewed 24 August 2017

This is a really lovely hotel with beautiful rooms and excellent customer service. The Gluten free breakfast was brilliant and although they did not have a restaurant for dinner, the staff called a nearby pizzeria and ensured that i would be able to eat there. On the last night (a Sunday) we booked the spa. You get 2 hours and we were the only people in there. The facilities were clean, it was well equipped and excellent value for money compared with my local Spa in the UK. The hotel does have limited parking for a fee but we were able to park on the street just outside the hotel for free.

The only advice I would give about this hotel is that it is located just outside the city of Verona. It is apparently walk-able but the staff advised the local bus which goes from just outside the hotel. It takes about 20 minutes to get into Verona on the bus and it is better to get tickets in bulk from a Tobacconist rather than buying on the bus as it is much cheaper that way. We chose this rather than driving as there is limited parking in the city.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple