“Absolute Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Whilst a little difficult to find it was most definitely worth the effort. As soon as you step inside the restaurant has a lovely ambience. The service was excellent, the waiter was attentive and happy to go over the various options to give us the most of the meal.
Both the pasta and meat courses were great, the best meal I had of my time in Italy.
The wine the waiter recommended complimented the meal perfectly and the cost was well within what we'd expect.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,340)

Reviewed 27 March 2018

After the reviews I had read and my own experience meant that my expectations were set high, unfortunately, they were not met this time.
Wine was beautiful indeed ( but, hey, wine is beautiful everywhere in Italy!), service was OK, and ambience was lively, but the most important thing in restaurant is food, right? And the food here was disappointing to say the least. Menu is poor. I was struggling to chose a dish. My pasta was overcooked, too soft, which is nonsense for Italy. My friend's dish was tasteless. Strangely enough, waiter didn't even ask what is wrong when took away full plate which barely been touched! After that we didn't even go for dessert...
This was the worst dining experience if not the only I ever had in Italy!
Worth giving a miss!

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Book ahead - we didn't and were very lucky to get a table. The waiter warmed to us and we enjoyed discussing their excellent wine list. The food was superb and we enjoyed every course. fantastic value too, definitely recommended.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

Located in city centre next to Piazza delle Erbe. Everything works perfectly well together: Very good food, small menus with dishes you do not get everywhere else, excellent wine, very nice service and cosy ambience, reasonably priced, seriously nothing to complain about. All in all, a place we will hsppily return next time in Verona.

1  Thank Thomas-from-Germany
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

The winery stands in a side street in the heart of wonderful Verona; the atmosphere is friendly and warm, the menu offers a variety of choices among which there are some typical Veronese dishes. The Staff is kind, professional and friendly; food is great and the wine list offers a lot of great wines from different regions. There is also a good variety of beers. We had a great time there and really enjoyed our lunch! Thumbs up!